when do you prefer to check your weight????

Options
when do you prefer to check your weight????
When you think its most accurate???

Early morning??? or right before you go to bed???

I'm very confused when does it show the accurate weight excluding what food i just ate.......

Replies

• gratenni1
    gratenni1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I don't weigh myself. I take measurements daily. I try on something that doesn't fit. When i can fit it i will weigh. Hope this helps. When i was obsessed with the scale i did it every friday morning.
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    The best time to check your weight is first thing in the morning right after going pee. Your weight fluctuates during the day. My weight at night is anywhere from 1-2 pounds heavier than I am in the morning.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    The most consistent time to weigh would be right after you get out of bed in the morning and emptying your bladder, but BEFORE having anything to eat or drink. Any other time of the day and you will be weighing all sorts of variables like undigested food, water weight gain, bodily fluids and waste, etc. Try to use the same scale every time as well.
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Early morning after I use the restroom.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Morning!! Right after I wake up, pee, and before I eat or drink! :D
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    In the morning after I pee.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Wednesday (morning) Weigh-day!!
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    I agree - wake up, pee, weigh in then skull water =) I weigh most mornings but don't get disheartened if it's different each morning. Friday morning is my big weigh in and measurement day.
  • manicrocker
    Options
    First thing Saturday morning just after getting up, after been to the ladies and before I eat or drink (oh and in my underwear as its amazing how heavy clothing is)! :)
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I typically look at the scale daily...but only count my weight Every Monday moring...I don't think weighing daily is a good thing, but I can't STOPPPP....Dr Oz says to weigh in the morning after the bathroom like everyone has said once a week as your weight will vary from day to day and hour to hour, so don't get discouraged...pick a day that you will weigh in at the same time same day consistantly.

I usually try and move around a little make sure I weigh with no clothes (sorry to gross you out) then off to exercise, shower, or work etc...:laugh:

Hope this helps...
  • dawnmichelea
    dawnmichelea Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Every single morning.......I just like to keep tabs. If I see it go up, I am a little more strict that day!
  • stfuandrun
    stfuandrun Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    In the morning, little to no clothing, after peeing, dry hair, the scale in the "right" spot on the floor, with my stomach sucked in.
  • numbr1azfan
    Options
    If you want to track your weight on a constant setting, do it first thing in the morning before breakfast and after that morning trip to the bathroom. I work nights, so when I get to work, I drink a lot of water in prep for my workout after work., and when I weigh myself before the work out at night, it can be anywhere from the same to 3-4 lbs heavier than the morning weigh in, depending on what I had for dinner and how much water I consumed. (Mostly water because I eat small dinner and drink A LOT of water, A LOT...of water)
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    In the morning, every day
  • theplanahead
    Options
    In the morning, little to no clothing, after peeing, dry hair, the scale in the "right" spot on the floor, with my stomach sucked in.

This is my favorite way to do it too! I'll try it with my stomach sucked in next time.... but he spot on the floor is critical! :)
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I weigh once weekly (Thursdays) right after I wake up and eliminate any extra ounces and again after my shower. surprisingly there haven't been any differences between the two. I used to obsess about getting every drop of water dried off after the shower, not anymore. The scale gives me a body fat measurement as well. I measure: neck, bicep, chest, gut, waist, and thigh. All of this gets tracked, graphed, and analysed in Excel. Between the weight, % body fat and measurements something ALWAYS is going in the right direction. That's nice when my % body fat plateaus for 7 weeks or my weight plateaus for 3 weeks I can still see "measurable" progress elsewhere. Of course nice is also dropping 8 lbs AND 1% body fat after those long plateaus.
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    oh thats great!!!! Everyone seems to agree on the same thing!!!!! Thnx people... you r d best!!!!! :drinker:
  • gothicprophet
    Options
    Along with just about everyone else on here, I try to weigh myself when I wake up and right after that first bathroom trip; I also weigh myself throughout the week and use an average (since weight can fluctuate on a day-by-day basis) for my MFP check-ins.
  • Amybethjohnson
    Options
    I weigh in the morning, after my run (or bike ride) just before I hop in the shower, and before eating breakfast.
  • Jasmine_Moonstone
    Jasmine_Moonstone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I weigh in first thing in the morning right after I get up. I go pee, then weigh myself before I get dressed for the day & before I eat or drink anything. I usually weigh myself in the nude. :) I also keep my scale in the same spot & I only weigh myself 1 time a week, on Monday mornings.