My diary

Options
Will someone look at my diary for the week and tell me what they think I'm doing wrong? I have a food scale, and thought that would help, but I still gained 1 lb this week. I can't afford to keep gaining every week. I don't care what I have to do, I just need to know what that is. My mothers advice is to reduce my calories even more. Just wow. But I'm considering it if no one has a better suggestion. Thanks so much!

Replies

• chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    your setting are on private.
  • msalicia116
    msalicia116 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It says public to me. Is there something I'm missing?
  • msalicia116
    Options
    Yeah, just checked again under settings, diary... Public is checked. Should I be looking somewhere else?
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    It's public... but I don't see anything there screams you are doing something wrong, it looks pretty good to me! be patient :)

and hello
  • msalicia116
    Options
    Hi Wolfena, and thank you very much for taking a look!! Even if you didn't find the culprit, I appreciate your time. This is breaking my spirit, 25 lbs can't continue to grow to be more so every input means a lot!
  • erickalynch19
    erickalynch19 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    From the look of things you aren't burning off enough calories when you work out. So might be the what wrong. For what I hear and everyone tells me is tour suppose to burn more calories then you eat or the calories that you didn't burn will turn into fat. I don't know if it's true but that is what I hear
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How long have you been trying to lose weight, how much have you gained?
  • erickalynch19
    erickalynch19 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh the other thing that could be helping you gain is your eating to many carbs. You only need 150 carbs a day anything more then that can go against you.
  • mpd1009
    mpd1009 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just looked at your diary. Cut back on some of the carbs. It appears that yesterday your calories were way in the negative. Do you do that every week? If so that will counteract everything. Look at other people's diaries so you can get an idea of what others are doing. Watch your sodium intake as well. Try to get close to your % in fat carbs and proteins. How much water are you drinking? Also try weighing yourself everday. This can help give motivation and insight . Do it first thing in morning before you eat and drink after you go to the bathroom . Stick with the same time. Some people say weekly weigh ins. I do everyday and then average it out at end of week for accuracy. If I gain anything I go back and look at my diary and see what I did the day before and determine if I need to chang something up. If I get fast food , I try to get salads or grilled chicken. Use this app when going out to eat it helps out a lot. I don't even look at a menu anymore. Hope I've helped :)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Oh the other thing that could be helping you gain is your eating to many carbs. You only need 150 carbs a day anything more then that can go against you.

That is just false.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options

This.
  • angelwowings23
    angelwowings23 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I just went back about 5 days. I didn't notice anything that looks terrible going on in your diary. However, a few things probably could be modified to give you better results. I have a couple questions, as well:
    1) Are you exercising along with dieting? If so, how often? For how long per session? What type of exercise?
    2) How long have you been dieting and keeping your cals in the 1300 range (which is the caloric range I noticed you were trending)?

Before I can give you any further advice based on the above answers you provide, what I can note solely off your diary is that your protein is WAY too low on a day-to-day. They recommend .8g/lb of body weight. However, if you're exercising, I'd venture to suggest you get about 1g/lb. Additionally, I notice a significant amount of fruit. Fruit is great, don't get me wrong. But it can hinder fat loss. Start replacing some of those fruit servings with veggies.
  • msalicia116
    Options
  • ashorey87
    ashorey87 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I didn't go back in your diary very far, but one thing I noticed was your sodium intake is quite high on the few days that I did look at. You could just be retaining water. Try to lower your sodium intake, drink lots of water, and see what your results are.
  • msalicia116
    Options
    This was my whole last week. My diary is open to show specific food but you can see the nutrition percentages if that makes it easier. These were recommended by MFP.

As for exercising: 3 times a week I do a circuit lifting for 25 minutes. Also, I go on about 3-4 walks a day about 5 days a week which includes 1 hike. Mostly because I have a very active son and a dog, so that gets me moving. That's it. With all that movement and only around 1200 calories, I have very little energy for more. My goal is to lose weight, so my diet in this case is more important to me than getting in more activity. But if there's argument that I need to move more and raise my calories to lose weight I'm all ears.

I have been trying to eat this way since January, and just started logging on MFP a little over 20 days ago. I think logging here will help. Yesterday I was pretty upset when I've been so active and eating the minimum to see I've gained yet another pound. That brings me to a little over 20 lbs total! It wouldn't be a big deal if I knew how to stop it or reverse it, but it's terrifying when I don't know why.

• msalicia116
    Options
    From the look of things you aren't burning off enough calories when you work out. So might be the what wrong. For what I hear and everyone tells me is tour suppose to burn more calories then you eat or the calories that you didn't burn will turn into fat. I don't know if it's true but that is what I hear

I'm eating 1200 calories which is below my bmr on top of daily activities, I'm not sure how that's possible I'm eating more than what I burn. I should be burning more than that if I sleep the whole day.

• msalicia116
    Options

This.

I've gained 20-25 this past year. I would lose some by having very little calories, but I was sick if not being able to just have a healthy lifestyle and control my weight. So January I really started focusing on eating and doing it the right way. I believe I weighed 120 in January. My weigh in yesterday was 138! So I gained, even after my week of doing "everything right" which I posted images of.

It's clear I'm doing something wrong. Maybe I'm just destined to have to eat 800 calories everyday. But I really don't want to believe that's the case.
  • msalicia116
    edited June 2016
    Options
    ashorey87 wrote: »
    I didn't go back in your diary very far, but one thing I noticed was your sodium intake is quite high on the few days that I did look at. You could just be retaining water. Try to lower your sodium intake, drink lots of water, and see what your results are.

It's a little higher than it should be. I'll watch it more. Thanks 89luey7pon9q.png
  • angelwowings23
    angelwowings23 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm going to PM you.
  • thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    There are so many reasons why you could have gained 1 pound in one week.

- Not pooping
    - Weighing during different times of the day
    - High sodium
    - New to exercise
    - etc.

If you really think you are eating at a deficit, give it time. If you haven't lost anything in 1 month or so, perhaps contact your doctor.