motivation !!

looking for great motivation . I've tried many workout programs videos but lack so much motivation . sometumes it feels like forever and it sucks doing this alone . everyone around me is fit and automatically thinks it's a fast process while I'm struggling . I'm 23 weighing a little over 200 lbs . 40lbs is my goal to lose . just need some inspiration

Replies

• JKI19
    JKI19 Posts: 91 Member
    Welcome to MFP! What I've learned is that motivation should not be used as a "spark" to light the fire, but rather, as bonus fuel to keep the flames burning higher. It's really about just doing the work, it's about breaking that barrier between your emotions and who you really are. Many times I have gone to the gym feeling unmotivated and lethargic, but fifteen minutes into my workout the adrenaline always kicks in and I begin to really get into it. Motivation comes and goes, just go out and do the work anyway. Consistency is the key.

Try snapping a photo of yourself every couple of weeks, compare it to a physique you'd like to achieve, and every morning when you wake up look at those photos to remind yourself of where you've been, where you are, and where you want to be. :)
  • jubinahdi
    jubinahdi Posts: 24 Member
    :smile:
  • tianas767
    tianas767 Posts: 9 Member
    JKI19 wrote: »
    Welcome to MFP! What I've learned is that motivation should not be used as a "spark" to light the fire, but rather, as bonus fuel to keep the flames burning higher. It's really about just doing the work, it's about breaking that barrier between your emotions and who you really are. Many times I have gone to the gym feeling unmotivated and lethargic, but fifteen minutes into my workout the adrenaline always kicks in and I begin to really get into it. Motivation comes and goes, just go out and do the work anyway. Consistency is the key.

Try snapping a photo of yourself every couple of weeks, compare it to a physique you'd like to achieve, and every morning when you wake up look at those photos to remind yourself of where you've been, where you are, and where you want to be. :)

Thank you for the advice. . I am looking forward to this experience. I want to come out of this journey strong mentally emotionally and physically ... I am ready for this lol !!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    if losing weight isn't motivation enough, i don't know what to tell you.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Welcome to MFP! Find some friends, use them as a family and I am sure you will get daily motivation!
    Believe in yourself and you are half way there!
  • _johnfitness
    _johnfitness Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 2016
    First of all Be Patient. Second, Never give up on your goals! It's not easy coz if it is, eveybody could do it!
    Try to make simple workout program for 6-12weeks. If I were you, I'd stick a program 3x a week Monday, Wednesday and friday. Incorporate like Push, Pull legs exercises - Pushups, rowing with bands, squats, etc
    Also dont forget to do some Cardio exercises like running, walking, etc.. which is essential for weight loss.
    Make small changes in your diet, eat at least 5-6x a day 2-3hours to keep your metabolism high. Dont Fear Carbohydrates! You need them but in the right time of day (Breakfast and after workout). Other than that try to limit your carbs intake through the day. Eat a lot of veggies with high in fiber!!