how's your loss with myfitnesspal ?

Options
I joined 1/13/06 and have lost 7 pounds so far Thanks to all the tips and support from this site

Replies

• imsosexy
    Options
    wow that is great. I am not doing well at all. Lost 3 lbs but gained them back since I joined earlier this month. What is your secret??
  • kathyvdh
    kathyvdh Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. I think you're doing great. We all will have good weeks and bad weeks, but just stick with it. I can understand why you need more than your family's support. That is why I'm here as well.

Good luck!
  • kathyvdh
    Options
    Hi pagett,

Today has been good. I always start out with crunches on the ball. Usually I have to take a rest after 25. This morning, I was all the way to 40 before I got tired. That may not be much for some people, but for me it felt good!

Before lunch I went bowling with my kids. Not much of a workout, but it was fun. We had lunch at the bowling alley, so not very healthy choices. I limited myself to a few of my little boys fries and a grilled chicken sandwich with just lettuce ant tomato.

I am tired tonight, but will make sure I at least ride my exercise bike for 30 minutes.

Have a great night!
  • pyeface
    Options
    Today is a good day. I have not craved anything today that I should not have. I had been eating three meals a day. Today I tried something different I doing 5 small meals. It seems to be working better.
  • kathyvdh
    Options
    Good for you. Keep it up!

Today I am struggling. I am a stress eater & today has been a very stressful day. Hopefully, I won't slip too bad.

Have a great day!!!
  • pyeface
    Options
    Just say positive. We all have them days. If you can drink tea. Try the relaxing herbal tea. It calms me and have very little calories.

GOOD LUCK!!!
  • kathyvdh
    Options
    Thanks. I am getting nervous now. I really don't like flying. My day got better as it went on. Didn't even snack during the Super Bowl. Was too busy getting ready for the trip. I checked and we have free internet access in the room. I'm sure I will be checking in.

Keep up the good work everybody!
  • pyeface
    Options
    We love hearing from you. We have to keep each other strong. Good luck to everyone.
  • pagett1969
    pagett1969 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    kathyvdh I am glad you are back home now. It should be easier for you now. Do you have any plans for jump starting back in on your diet? If you have any special exercise time planned? If you do let me know and I will too.Maybe that will help us both.
  • kathyvdh
    Options
    pagett1969,

I really don't have any specific plans, other than to work out at least 30 minutes per day, 7 days per week. If I skip a day, it is too easy to lose track of my focue. I start each day with crunches on the ball. After reading about treebs success with the CORE dvds, I might try that too. My daughter has them. Every other morning, I try to work on my husband's weight machine too but struggle with that. Then later in the day, I do either 30 minutes on the treadmill or stationary bike. It is only about 20 degrees here and very icy, so I haven't gotten back into walking outside yet.

Today, I weighed in again & I am back down where I was before I left for Atlanta. It is amazing how great this has been working. Tonight we are going out to eat for Valentines Day, so I will have to work extra hard today to make up for it. At least with this program, I can see what I have to do in order to splurge!!!

I hope to be able to say I lost 12 pounds some day soon too. Keep it up!
  • kathyvdh
    Options
    Hi again,

We went out for Valentines Day too. When we got to the supper club, I saw someone drinking an after-dinner ice cream drink. I wanted one in the worst way. I even told my husband that I was going to splurge and have one after our meal. I did allow myself 2 cocktails, but with lite whiskey and diet soda, they aren't too bad. I filled up on salad and drank a lot of water during the meal. I had steamed vegetables and couldn't even eat the steak because I truly was full. I even passed on the ice cream drink I thought I wanted so badly. It feels so good to know that this program is helping me.

Have a great day!
    Kathy
  • lexylondon
    lexylondon Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great...I'm losing 1kg a week..
  • lexylondon
    lexylondon Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've someone chosen last page and answered old posts here!! Under nourishment causing dopiness clearly lol
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I've been here since April and lost 16lbs. I don't think I'd have done that well without this site to count calories and getting advice from the forums.
  • LuciaB1967
    LuciaB1967 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So far I've lost 3 lbs or so, very frustrating, but I'm not giving up. I exercise 5-6 days a week for about 1 hour and I intake about 1200 calories a day.
  • amgaylord
    amgaylord Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started April 18, 2016 have lost 14 lbs
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have gotten anywhere close to where I am now without it in my opinion.
    I've lost 105 lbs in total in the last year; the last 92 of those have been with the aid of mfp.
    I think I exhausted my body a few months back, so I sat in maintenance for most of Feb and April, again, Im pretty sure I would have gained had I not really pushed myself to keep tracking even though I was slacking half the time!
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I've lost 5 lbs in 30 days. Exactly what I expected.