Guess my body fat percentage

Options
These are all very recent pictures. Currently I'm doing a slow bulk and a lifting program. What do you think my body fat % is and should I start cutting soon? I just don't want to look too skinny if I do that and I want to gain some significant muscle and progress in my butt first.

k58jfkkp40cr.jpeg
pkshqxzas0yb.jpeg
pumunfkd4j0l.jpeg

Replies

• DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    10-11%
  • gymrat04mf
    gymrat04mf Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    10-11%
    For women that would be below essential fat. You're probably thinking in terms of the BF scale for men.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Around 20%.

And it really depends on what you've done up until this point, the results you've seen/haven't seen and what your goals are in term. You could just eat at maintenance and continue to lift and see what happens then decide after 8-12 weeks of that.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'd say around 20 as well. You should really take some pictures just standing normal. Front, side back..flexed and not flexed. I would not stop bulking..you look good and lean still.

I don't know if you saw my thread in the gaining weight section. There's a picture there of when I had to call it quits on the bulk. I waited till I was a chunky monkey and I still probably only gained 3 lbs of muscle out of 14 lbs gained total.
  • CourtneyBalestracc1
    CourtneyBalestracc1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about body fat percentage but you are now my motivation! Friend me please! :)
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    gymrat04mf wrote: »
    10-11%
    For women that would be below essential fat. You're probably thinking in terms of the BF scale for men.

Yeah I was just kind of going off my own 7%, I'm pretty ripped and vascular (and de-carbed, 3rd day of <30g) right now

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    22%
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I'd say 18-19%
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    10-11%

That's so laughably off it's not even funny .

I'd say maybe 23-24- you don't have much muscle structure based on the way these pictures are taken- so I'm guessing while you aren't over weight- I'm guessing you have a much higher body fat than you think.

But frankly those pictures are almost useless to really tell.
  • gymrat04mf
    Options
    Thanks guys for your opinions. My correct body fat percentage is 19-20% based on different tests I've done (scale and calipers).
  • gymrat04mf
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    10-11%

I'd say maybe 23-24- you don't have much muscle structure based on the way these pictures are taken- so I'm guessing while you aren't over weight- I'm guessing you have a much higher body fat than you think.

The guy that said 10-11% was mistakenly thinking in terms of the men's scale as said earlier - the scales are very different. My actual BF is 19-20%. It's funny that you mention being close to overweight an option, because nearly my whole life I've struggled with staying just out of the underweight category. I've always been very skinny/slim and just have a small bone structure too I guess so I often times stick out as thin. That's why I've been trying to bulk.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for your opinions. My correct body fat percentage is 19-20% based on different tests I've done (scale and calipers).

If one of those tests is Dexa or hydrostatic you have a correct figure within 1-3%, if not who knows what margin for error

Pictorially, those posed pictures are no way to get a visual estimation...clean flat light, straight on, side, back, flexed and unflexed

But I'd put you at 22-24% tbh
  • DHNike1
    DHNike1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well done! !
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Why does the number matter? If you like the way you feel, like the improvement you've made, like the way you move, like the way you look; does the number really matter? We aren't looking for bragging rights, are we? ;-)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Oh, I didn't realize this was the test taking portion of mfp.

Ok I lol'd at this =)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    22ish
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Oh, I didn't realize this was the test taking portion of mfp.

Yeeeeeah. I'm confused by this as well
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    10-11%

The guy that said 10-11% was mistakenly thinking in terms of the men's scale as said earlier - the scales are very different. My actual BF is 19-20%. It's funny that you mention being close to overweight an option, because nearly my whole life I've struggled with staying just out of the underweight category. I've always been very skinny/slim and just have a small bone structure too I guess so I often times stick out as thin. That's why I've been trying to bulk.

I'm not seeing where Jo said you were close to overweight.
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    If you already "know" your body fat percentage, why did you ask?