What the 30 Day Shred did for me.

Options
TeenaMarina
TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
So my "30" days actually took me about 44 days. I started off strong and consistent, but then... as often happens... a combination of bad days, busy days, lazy days and just plain Life made me take a little longer to finish.

I also did some exercise bike during this time, but the thing that made me sweat was Jillian.

I was gonna post pictures but I'm too chicken, plus (disappointingly so) I can't see a ton of difference.

I FEEL different, though!

Weight: Lost 5 lbs
Upper arms: Lost 1"
Ribcage (right below bust): Lost 1"
Waist: Lost 2"
Upper thigh: Lost 1 1/2"

Bust and calves stayed the same. I thought I'd see more change, because I feel so much better. But I am thankful for this loss! I've now started the "6 Week Six Pack", but I think I'll still throw in a 30 Day Shred workout here and there because it's just so short and a good way for me to squeeze a little workout into my day.

I have to just add that the BIGGEST thing the 30 Day Shred has done for me is push me back into exercising. I feel stronger and actually able to get a more effective workout no matter what I do because of how fast Jillian kicks your butt into gear.

That's all. Good luck to every one of us!!! x

Replies

• AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I finally just completed level 2 without stopping!!!!!!! I did have to modify some times to the less intense style, but I went straight through with no stops this time!!!!! FINALLY! Been on Level 2 of almost 2 weeks now! On to Level 3 tomorrow!!!!! I'm sure there is a difference in you, We are our own harshest critics!!!! Congrats on this victory!!!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    At least ya did it!! That in itself is a HUGE thing! :drinker: I tried it & had trouble with the pushups (bad wrists) so I fizzled, but I want to do something this month! Maybe I'll get it out & try again.
    Glad you feel great, and I bet you look awesome as well!
  • TwinMamma09
    TwinMamma09 Posts: 140
    Options
    Nice job! I'm sure you did a fantastic job and it is amazing how different our bodies can feel when we take care of them and strength train.

I did a round back in Jan and did the whole 30 days but I was not eating "that" great.

Now that I am more focused on both exercise and eating right, I can't wait to see how things turn out. I started this morning, so here is to a good 29 more days!!! :wink:
  • bigred0106
    bigred0106 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started today, Level 1 - can't do a push up but i'll get there. Excited to see the results after 30 days! Eak!
  • TeenaMarina
    Options
    You'd be amazed how much more you can do around day 6 or 7 as compared to day one. In my opinion (and I've read it a lot on here too), day 2 or 3 is the killer! Plug through it though, and all of a sudden you'll be keeping up right along with them :)
  • emily2mcmillan
    Options
    Just reading this is encouraging! I'm gonna go out and buy the video today and start tomorrow!!
  • TeenaMarina
    Options
    Just reading this is encouraging! I'm gonna go out and buy the video today and start tomorrow!!

Oh, I'm so glad!!! Good for you - you won't regret it. Best $8 I've spent in a while :)
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Good job!

I'm on level 3 and haven't lost much, but I know for a fact I'm working out as hell and getting stronger, and that counts too!
  • bigred0106
    bigred0106 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Day two today, I didn't ache when I went to bed last night but god do my arms ache today! It will get easier - can't wait!
  • moose_15
    moose_15 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You'd be amazed how much more you can do around day 6 or 7 as compared to day one. In my opinion (and I've read it a lot on here too), day 2 or 3 is the killer! Plug through it though, and all of a sudden you'll be keeping up right along with them :)

My push ups are awful, so I've been doing wall push ups. I seem to be able to keep my body straight then and it's still tough!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!