Just how easy is it to become addicted?

Options
I've heard of exercise addiction, and I can see how the post-workout high could feed an addiction.
I'm just in such a 'I want to exercise all the time' mood right now. Yesterday I ran until I could run no further, took a break then went cycling (and I would have done more had it not been too late). Today I went cycling twice, and did weights, and went on a hike, and I don't want to stop moving. I could keep walking all night but I don't want to give myself an injury overdoing it.

Replies

• Rhondast
    Rhondast Posts: 93
    Options
    Know your limits, and do it. As for easiness of becoming addicted, you can become addicted to anything. Set limits.
  • csoul27
    csoul27 Posts: 53
    Options
    I wish I had that kind of stamina. When i was excercising on a regular basis I couldn't sit still I wanted to keep moving all the time. Your body is usually pretty good at letting you know when you have had enough.
  • cieraangel
    cieraangel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I wish an exercise addiction was my worry right now!
  • ji225
    ji225 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It is easy to become addicted if you have thr right kind of personality. All I would say is just try and be careful and take a step bac occasionally and ask yourself if it is really all good for you?? Life is all about balance and if you go off balance too often you will get injured more then likely - then not be able to exercise at all, which is not good if you are addicted as you will get very low. I was once addicted to running and it has caused me many problems with my back etc years down the line. Just know that your body has limits, and that when in that high state, you dont always feel pain, which is your body's only way of talking to you and telling you you are doing too much. Also I think you will know deep down if you are doing too much.

Other than that just keep it fun - we are all meant to be more than active than we are!

Jenny