a little thought provoking NSV

Options
helenoftroy1
helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
I put a before and after picture of my face on here and decided to take the plunge and put it on facebook as well.
If I wasn't motivated before I bloody am now. The comments have been overwhelming and one made me shed a tear. However as always there is always one that makes you think about why you did this.
One of my friends on facebook said I could have chosen a better "before" picture. Yeah I agree, I look awful, I was a little drunk, strutting my stuff and having a good time. But that was the point of having that before picture. You see that is who I had become and it was only when I saw the picture and thought "this is not who I feel inside, I do not recognise this person" and that is when on April 12th I made my life change literally.
So for all those who look at your old pictures and are ashamed, don't you dare be! Be proud of how far you have come (just by joining this site!) and maybe the picture today will be a before picture for the future no matter where you are in your journey!
Love you all for all my support and motivation.

Replies

• beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    isn't it crazy just how 26 lbs makes such a huge difference. Then you think, "I'm going to look like a totally different person when I get to my goal" I'm looking so forward to it as I am sure you are too. Keep up the good work. and it looks like you will make your next goal for July 16 and even pass it up .
  • heyjude1358
    Options
    Brilliant!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You've come so far in such a short time, just fab!!
  • Rhian_81
    Rhian_81 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thinspirational!
  • helenoftroy1
    Options
    Thinspirational!
    nice word... I like it. May I briefly use it to say how thinspired I am by yourself and the Emminator?!?!?!
  • Rhian_81
    Rhian_81 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think I 'borrowed' it from one of your previous posts... But by all means borrow it back x

I want to point out that the before pic is a fabulous photo of you, to put it into context your are pulling that face because for that moment you were a rockstar, banging out a cracking solo.

I didn't realise that this was the photo that set you on this journey. I love it and I think the photo needs to be posted in all its glory!
  • helenoftroy1
    Options
    I think I 'borrowed' it from one of your previous posts... But by all means borrow it back x

I want to point out that the before pic is a fabulous photo of you, to put it into context your are pulling that face because for that moment you were a rockstar, banging out a cracking solo.

I didn't realise that this was the photo that set you on this journey. I love it and I think the photo needs to be posted in all its glory!
    I know it was my word, I am indeed borrowing it back and yes I was trying to be a rockstar however, I looked better in my alcohol infused mind!!!!
    I'm also taking sexy back!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!