Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Advice please!

I am 37 years old and have a beautiful daughter who is 10. When I got pregnant with her I was a healthy size 12. We have been trying ever since to have another baby but nothing has happened. My heaviest weight was 96 kg but am now 79kg. I am with the same partner so know we can conceive (also had miscarriage a couple of years ago so don't qualify for medical treatment). I am trying to lose weight and get my body healthy in the hope this will improve my chances. Any tips or advice would be gratefully appreciated. Hubby has been overweight also but is on this journey with me and has lost 3 stone so far and only has about a stone to go...
Would appreciate any advice please!!!
Thanks
Terri X

Replies

• laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Have lots more sex. Tell you hubby I said he's welcome.

No, really. Other then going to a doctor of course...have you tried an ovulation kit? (Did I spell that right).
    See if that helps.
  • Terri_74
    Terri_74 Posts: 90 Member
    In response, there's no problem in that area!
    Have tried ovulation kits etc and none have worked so far.....
  • Terri_74
    Any more advice or tips please?
  • marber
    marber Posts: 118 Member
    Just because there was not a problem before does not mean there is not a problem now.

Get the doctors to do some tests.
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    My husband and I have a 9 year old and a 7 month old. We were kind of in the same boat as you and your husband. I can tell you the one thing that really worked for us me reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility,: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health. We were able to get pregnant in 5 cycles after I read the book and really started to know my cycles. I also used ovulation kits faithfully and made sure we had sex beginning 3 days prior to ovulation to 1 to 2 days after. Also if you are using any lubricants many of them are not sperm friendly. Make sure you find one that is such as Pre Seed. Also weight loss is never a bad idea especially going into a pregnancy, however unless you are severely overweight or have other issues such as PCOS, it should not keep you from conceiving. Also if you and your husband have not had a complete pre conception physical (hormone levels, sperm count etc.) it might be a good idea, many things can change with your body and fertility in 10 years.
    Best of luck!
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    I agree our body are ever changing, you both should go checked. Never hurts to make sure that his sperm count is good and moving and that your body in on track as well. Good luck.
  • Terri_74
    My husband and I have a 9 year old and a 7 month old. We were kind of in the same boat as you and your husband. I can tell you the one thing that really worked for us me reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility,: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health. We were able to get pregnant in 5 cycles after I read the book and really started to know my cycles. I also used ovulation kits faithfully and made sure we had sex beginning 3 days prior to ovulation to 1 to 2 days after. Also if you are using any lubricants many of them are not sperm friendly. Make sure you find one that is such as Pre Seed. Also weight loss is never a bad idea especially going into a pregnancy, however unless you are severely overweight or have other issues such as PCOS, it should not keep you from conceiving. Also if you and your husband have not had a complete pre conception physical (hormone levels, sperm count etc.) it might be a good idea, many things can change with your body and fertility in 10 years.
    Best of luck!
  • Terri_74
    Oops did that wrong. In response to the above!! Thanks it gives me hope when I hear other stories of people in the same situation. I appreciate the tips and will see if I can find these reads thanks!!!!:flowerforyou: