Need advice on leg workout.

Options
Hey.
Firstly I don't do gyms. I'm trying to shave off some fat from my inner thighs. What would be the best workout?
I'm already cycling (250km/week) and I'm trying to get into the running routine however I know I'm not that passionate about running and I have more skip the run day than I would like.
Home exercise types would be preferable. Advice would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Replies

• DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Wide stance body weight squats...hundreds of them!
  • TheRootofGroot
    TheRootofGroot Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    No such thing as spot reduction.
    That's why crunches won't melt away your midsection fat any more than curls will "tone" your flabby arms.

No clue how you aren't a skeleton given that extreme amount of cardio, but the body is an incredible adaptive machine, so yeah, like buddy above said, body squats, I'd say a variety of them, as well as lunges.
  • quintaar
    quintaar Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I was hoping there would be something I could do to target this. Finally decided to watch closer (and limit) amount of crap I was eating as I was still putting up weight despite hours on a bike. I'll give some squats a go perhaps I can be more consistent with it than with running .
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You can tone and strengthen your body with weights.

Squats are always great. Since you bike make sure you do something like 5x5 strong lifts. The weight will come off like its suppose to but the power and strength you get may provide great use for cycling
  • TheRootofGroot
    Options

Squats are always great. Since you bike make sure you do something like 5x5 strong lifts. The weight will come off like its suppose to but the power and strength you get may provide great use for cycling

He "doesn't do gyms". :/
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options

He "doesn't do gyms". :/

Go to the store.
    Buy some Dumbbells.

• TheRootofGroot
    Options
    Don't tell me tell him!
    I got my membership.

But yeah, some dumbbells would be good for him.
    Goblet squats are great.
  • quintaar
    Options
    I know it would be easier to just adjust the workout in the gym as this is why you get all these machines for. Just can't bring myself to go to any. Don't like the place and rather would do some body weight training. On the other hand I have backyard to pave and slabs are about 20kg each wink* wink*? ;)
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    You could get a suspension trainer. Also pistol squats, step-ups, box jumps... And cycle uphill. <--All this can help train muscles and gain strength/power for your sport.

Your pic shows a lean person. You can obsess over inner thigh fat and reduce your calorie intake or push yourself harder and get stronger to go faster as you become a better athlete.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    quintaar wrote: »
    I was hoping there would be something I could do to target this. Finally decided to watch closer (and limit) amount of crap I was eating as I was still putting up weight despite hours on a bike. I'll give some squats a go perhaps I can be more consistent with it than with running .

If you were gaining weight it has to do with amount of food you are consuming and not the "crap". You were either eating more than you thought, burning less than you thought, or retaining water or waste.

Example I eat 3900 cals a day 1000-1500 comes directly from ice cream or the like each day while hitting at least the minimum on my protien/fat macros and still lose weight quite easily.
  • quintaar
    Options
    rileyes wrote: »
    Your pic shows a lean person. You can obsess over inner thigh fat and reduce your calorie intake or push yourself harder and get stronger to go faster as you become a better athlete.

Becomes harder to buy the right trousers size with legs not getting through the leg part while waist being perfect fit :neutral:
    Chieflrg wrote: »

If you were gaining weight it has to do with amount of food you are consuming and not the "crap". You were either eating more than you thought, burning less than you thought, or retaining water or waste.

Precisely why I'm on here now. On a workout day a can vacuum a lot of food. And figured time to put a stop to this before it gets worse. I'm about 10kg more than I would fell comfortable with :neutral:

Squats start today I guess :)
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Wide stance body weight squats...hundreds of them!

Wrong. You cannot spot reduce. I do weight training 6x a week hitting each muscle group 2x a week yet I still have fat in some areas. If you're looking to reduce fat, you need to eat at a deficit. It is literally as simple as that. Anyone who says you can spot reduce Is the same person who believes in shake weights and juicing diets.
  • TiffanyRodriguez13
    TiffanyRodriguez13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes, proper workout and the diet are very important for your leg workout too.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

Example I eat 3900 cals a day 1000-1500 comes directly from ice cream or the like each day while hitting at least the minimum on my protien/fat macros and still lose weight quite easily.

You drop weight on 3,900 calories a day? How much do you weigh on what does your training look like?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »

You drop weight on 3,900 calories a day? How much do you weigh on what does your training look like?

I weigh 210 at 12%bf.

Currently I lift weights three or four times a week. I bastardized a program of Wendler to customize what my body can handle do to a joint disease. Nothing crazy.