Weightloss Tattoo Ideas?

Options

Replies

• NatalieLJ
    NatalieLJ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    What about a feather? I recently had one on curving around my side/ribs, with a pretty mandala-style pattern inside. I love it! I really want a traditional-style arrow next on the inside of my upper arm, and a girly mandala design on my thigh. And possibly a colourful peony as a cover-up for a boring, old-fashioned and faded rose on my shoulder. I think I'll be done then, but who knows lol!
    Congrats on your weight loss btw!
  • mamabearbartlett
    mamabearbartlett Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am having the words of encouragement that my children and husband wrote for me in their handwriting tattooed on me. Don't know where because I have plenty of time to decide but that is what I am doing.
  • ramos10_2
    ramos10_2 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    First off let me say congrats on your incredible loss so far but I would not get a tattoo, I'd be afraid I'd regret it down the road but that's just me. I don't have any tattoos (or piercings for that matter) nor do I ever want any but your free to do what you will, it will be a monumental occasion that calls for some kind of commemoration and celebration.

I feel its a huge part of my life forever now that i dont think i would regret getting one, i also have a few piercings so im into that type of look but i still dont have a tattoo!
  • ramos10_2
    Options
    What about two birds. One sitting, and the next one flying off to represent your journey as you sail into it and never look back

I love birds and flowers! So i was also thinking something along this line, even a budding, possibilities!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    I'd be careful that it wasn't an obvious weight loss reference, because I can't predict what might happen in the future. What if something medically caused me to gain back a ton of weight? How would I feel about the tattoo then?

Just my thought. If it's more symbolic though it would worry me less.
  • ramos10_2
    Options
    I'd be careful that it wasn't an obvious weight loss reference, because I can't predict what might happen in the future. What if something medically caused me to gain back a ton of weight? How would I feel about the tattoo then?

Just my thought. If it's more symbolic though it would worry me less.

Well my sister has a whole sleeve done and i guess no longer see it as a big deal lol
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    When I hit my goal weight in about 50lbs I'm going to get a mandala of my own design on my shoulder.
  • nowolga
    nowolga Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I saw this really cool picture once of a woman chiseling her body out of overweight body. It was pretty awesome.

fbybl5k8c87l.png
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    What do you think of this guy? LOL!!! 3cu9n4l394e9.jpg
  • sallygroundhog
    sallygroundhog Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a pair of Apollo wings on both ankles. Getting it done four weeks before my first marathon

I don't have experience with this, but will that be enough time to heal?
  • nadinestrother
    nadinestrother Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    kbiz1975 wrote: »
    I had a tattoo put on my back/shoulder saying "she believed she could so she did". This sums up my weight loss journey for me!

This is literally one of my favorite sayings!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,982 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a pair of Apollo wings on both ankles. Getting it done four weeks before my first marathon

I don't have experience with this, but will that be enough time to heal?

It should be.
  • huntersmom2016
    huntersmom2016 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Here's A few i googled for you. One of them was mentioned in a previous postca41n6zzawj4.jpg
    f3854ea3yu1p.jpg
    1vzqppvgjr8r.jpg
    ol7opczc905y.jpg
    My favorites are the first and last one
  • DvrDawg
    DvrDawg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Butterfly- goes in a caterpillar -comes out transformed -beautiful.
  • QuHeCTiC24
    QuHeCTiC24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    just as a reminder to myself "Little Debbie's Make Big Charles's" across my stomach....
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I would just get a tattoo of something you already wanted. It doesn't have to mean anything related to weight loss. It could just be a reward for a milestone.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I wanted one when I hit 100lbs. I've lost more than 100 but I still can't decide. I've searched for symbols of determination, perseverance etc. I just can't find anything that I like. Good luck finding something!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!