Really don't understand. Can anyone make sense of this

Options
Over the last 3 weeks it's been Ramadan and so I've been eating 2 meals a day. One meal at 3am and 2nd meal at 9.30pm. My morning meal was always tea with toast and jam or scrambled egg and beans. I had no water or anything after 3am and at 9.30 I had grilled chicken with potatoes or sometimes tuna sandwich. Followed by cup of tea and a chocolate that's it.
There is no way I over ate as I could hardly eat and I didn't log on here but kept a diary at home which I wrote in
I was really shocked and some what confused as I started off at 77.3kg last week I was 76.0kg and today I'm at 77.7kg ?
How could this be fasting 19 hours a day and if it's really CICO why haven't I lost more ?

Replies

• underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    You are eating such little calories that maybe your body is storing fat because it thinks it is starving?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    If you gonna fast, you have to hydrate.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is water retention from being dehydrated.
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

That's not how Ramadan works. Nothing must pass the lips between dawn and sunset.
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I was drinking about 1 litre of water after sunset
    I'm hoping the scale does go down in a few days but it's also my TOM in a few days so I think that will also affect number! I always tell myself I won't let scale rule me but in the end that's what happens when I see no or lil change its disheartning and I stop bothering as I feel there's no change. This time around I did take measurements. I'm going to try to drink water and try and eat closer to calories and will see I guess :(
  • Idle_Moon
    Idle_Moon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You should try to maintain at Ramadan. Don't mind the scale around this time and focus on your other (non-fitness) goals these last days. :smile:
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Yeah what Idle_Moon said. Its just one of those facts of life - you have a observance that will affect your weight then just factor that in and accept that's part of what your individual observance of Ramadam means. Then when it finishes go back onto your usual diet and exercise.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I agree. Decide it's ok if you don't lose anything during this time. Focus on your spiritual life. That's what this time is for, right? I know very little about your faith, but I'm a Christian and we have fasting during Lent. If they are at all the same, I think the idea is to NOT worry about your physical self right now.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    kazminchu wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

That's not how Ramadan works. Nothing must pass the lips between dawn and sunset.

I get that.. but you can't expect to not retain water during a fast if you do not hydrate. this is all I was trying to say.
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree it's not about losing at this time! I was just hoping as I read about CICO and normally it's harder to control calories as we can eat however because it's a strict month and I knew there was no way I could over eat I was hoping I'd hop on to scale and see a loss of some kind! I'm not disappointed I didn't lose I was looking at it from the other angle that people who do IF and those that restrict calories claim they are losing all this weight will if that's the case why didn't I? I read a lot on mfp and online and it just seems that people lose so easily and consistently whereas I'm either losing real.slow or maintaining!