Ugh, I blew it

Options
I have been so good since January. My weight loss has been slow but I have changed the way my body looks through lifting and I've never felt better. These past couple of weeks, I got in a funk and had way too many cheat days. I slacked on going to the gym and I gained back a couple of pounds. I am so mad at myself but I'm back on it today and heading to the gym now.

Replies

• cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    So, you didnt blow it! You experienced a setback, but because you are soldiering on, and getting back to a routine that has worked for you in the past, you can overcome whatever gain you may have experienced. The lesson learned is to try to identify the danger signs of "getting in a funk" so that if that happens again, you can derail that negative mindset. As as been said here many times, failure is not getting knocked down - failure is not getting back up. Good luck!!
  • thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Stop feeling bad for yourself and move on. Moping won't help you. Keep on going.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    We all hit bumps in the road, the key is to get back up and go again. Sounds like you're doing that so nothing is lost!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Learn what you needed to learn from this and move on. :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @sweetpea813 I agree with cross2bear and thiosulfate...I ate a whole bag of pretzel chips yesterday and am thinking about the triggers (bored, tired). Why the chips were in the house (apparently the clerk put them in my bag instead of the person who was in the check out line ahead of me), and what I could have done differently (taken them back to the store, duh!). Learning experience, not a failure, back on track today!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    This is why we say weight loss isn't linear. Come on the lose train.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    You didn't blow it.. It's a mere blip in the road.. Look at you today..
  • bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm just back from a short vacation. Didn't log, ate pizza, BBQ, chocolate, etc. Gained back a pound or so. Don't regret it at all...today back on track and will be headed the right direction with the weight again. The rest of your life is going to be a long time (God willing). Gaining back "a couple of pounds" isn't too much of a thing in the big picture. Just get yourself back on track and move on.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Don't expect perfection from yourself. It's not all or nothing. I've lost almost 80 lbs in ten months. Yet this weekend I ate four pieces of cake over 3 days. It doesn't mean I'm a failure. I don't beat myself up over it and there's no point in feeling bad. I take responsibility for eating it, I logged it, and I'll move forward.

As others have said, try to determine the "why" so you might avoid a prolonged slide in the future. Chin up! You're human! Welcome to the club!