40 Pounds gone in 174 days

Options
SisterSueGetsFit
SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
edited June 2016 in Success Stories
It may not seem like much to some people...but I am beaming with pride this morning. Never in a million years did I think this was possible for me. And it wouldn't have been without the help of this site. MFP has without a doubt changed my life. And- I have some serious motovation to get to that 50 pound milestone. If I can do this, SO CAN YOU. It's not easy, but it's worth it.

rary07hfe6fu.jpeg

Replies

• AngeloInTexas
    AngeloInTexas Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Looks like a lot to me, you look fantastic!
  • diamondgirl50
    diamondgirl50 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Look at you! Great job and perseverance!
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    You look so happy :) Thanks for sharing your success! What sort of différences have you noticed to your daily life?
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a very big difference! Well done!
  • Calyse90
    Calyse90 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!!
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    That's a terrific loss. Yay you!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    You look terrific!
  • chasitystiff136
    chasitystiff136 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    You went from kinda frumpy to "helllooooo nurse!!"
  • Lisa1660
    Lisa1660 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Looking great...keep up the great work!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!!!
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! You look incredible!!!
  • carmexaldewin87
    carmexaldewin87 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing change! You're beaming with happiness in your progress pic! Congrats to you and your hard work!
  • RedsGirl73
    RedsGirl73 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • maggierenee88
    maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    You've put in a lot of hard work, and you look super healthy and beautiful. Congrats!
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    That is a great loss for six months! Can you tell what your eating looked like on most days? What were some changes you implemented and any exercise?
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Great job-- thank you for sharing!!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    Options
    That is a great loss for six months! Can you tell what your eating looked like on most days? What were some changes you implemented and any exercise?

@alltheweigh170 - Thank you. I would say the biggest factor/kick start for me was giving up drinking for the first 10 weeks. I consistently lost 10 pounds per month for the first 3 months. It's slowed down since...but I'm actually going to quit again for the next 30 days (with probably the exception of July 4th). Partly because drinking really throws me off my game, partly because, honestly, I drink way too much, and partly because I'm going to see my family next month and I'd like to be 50 pounds down.

I basically eat whatever I want, just within my caloric range (anywhere between 1300-1600 calories). I like to cook so it's been fun to try new things. I buy a lot of my groceries at Trader Joe's. They have an excellent gnocchi in their frozen section that I pair with their chicken sausage. I also make pizza with their frozen naan, tomato sauce, light cheese and lots of veggies or turkey pepperoni.

As far as exercise, I really just walk as much as I can. I wish I would have implemented weights into my routine when I started, as I'm quite flabby, but I'm working on it.

It's honestly been helpful to me to post this as I have gotten quite off track lately. It's very true that weight loss isn't linear, so I'm not going to beat myself up, but sometimes a good wake up call is exactly what we need.

Best of luck in your journey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!