Am i just meant to be fat???

Options
Hi i am hoping some one can help and give me some advice on what i can do to turn things around.Am I just meant to be fat??? I have been trying really hard over the past three weeks to loose weight as I am now the heaviest I've ever been at 5foot 2 inch's tall I now tip the scales at 224 lbs. I cannot seem to get things moving I have been tracking everything I eat. Doing as much exercise as my painful joints will allow. I am eating loads of salads,fruits,and veggies.I have upped my protein and cutback on carbs.I am drinking green teas and hot water and lemon,all the things that the diet experts recommend and yet zero results!!! I am seriously frustrated now and am losing any hope of ever loosing weight!!!

Replies

• amax67
    amax67 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think changing to a digital scale rather than the mechanical kitchen scale might be the answer. Thanks again I appreciate your help
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    A) I think we've all felt that way at some point.

B) First, you should head over to the success stories forum and find a little inspiration. The unexpected side effects thread is particularly good IMHO.

C) you need to be accurate and honest with your food log. Nobody cares what you are eating but you and even if you don't count it, your body will so you may as well know what to expect.

D) While it's true you don't need to starve to lose weight, and at your level you're even going to have room for some treats here and there, someone is going to comment on this thread that you're not losing weight because you're not eating enough (because starvation mode). That isn't true. The answer is almost always mistakes in the log.

Good luck!

ETA: portion sizes are shocking you'll probably need to weigh and measure everything for a while just to figure out what a realistic portion is.
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Adding protein and reducing carbs is not going to make any difference if the calories end up being the same. Count total calories. If you're not losing, you're eating too much. It's very easy to exceed calories when you add oils to your food or eat fatty foods and fatty meats so watch those.

If your joints hurt, don't do high impact exercises that aggravate the pain. It will only result in you being unable to exercise at all and undermine your efforts. Do cardio on an elliptical or spin bike or go cycling.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Eat in a deficit. At 5"2 @ 224lbs, you should lose weight readily with the correct deficit.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    If you are doing all of the above suggestions and not losing, you may need to see your health care provider.
    I lost 100#, just by eating less calories than I burned, before I began to even walk more.
    You should be losing if you are logging everything you eat and drink and are eating less calories than you are burning.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Do check with your doctor as well as following the other logging suggestions. Some bloodwork is in order.
  • amax67
    amax67 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone some really good advice I'll keep you posted :)
  • andrea_nichol
    andrea_nichol Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If you are doing all of the above suggestions and not losing, you may need to see your health care provider.
    I lost 100#, just by eating less calories than I burned, before I began to even walk more.
    You should be losing if you are logging everything you eat and drink and are eating less calories than you are burning.

I would specifically ask for a test of your thyroid function.

There are some other great suggestions as well! Good luck!
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Definitely recommend the thyroid test...I had been so tired the last few months and had been putting on weight slowly every month, couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. My thyroid test in October of last year had been normal. Got it tested a couple of weeks ago, and it was way off the charts. Now, I am taking the medication without fail and am starting to lose weight. Good luck!
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Excellent advice for you on this thread. The only thing I would like to add is since your joints hurt, also consider trying water exercises -- swimming laps, water aerobics, water walking/jogging.