Getting old

Options
amnima
amnima Posts: 10 Member
Trying to watch what I eat a little closer. I'm getting older and need to start doing a little better. 34, farmer 2 kids. Hello

Replies

• barlowrus
    barlowrus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me as well. 48 travel constant, 6 kids
  • Ogj78
    Ogj78 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Where do you farm?
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'll be 45 on Wednesday. I find it helps that no matter what year your in tell yourself your at the top of your game, it's more effective if it's actually the truth which I have been able to honestly say every June 29th but even if it isn't...well that's okay too
  • fatorphat
    fatorphat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Getting old is such a good thing.. I love it ... It means I'm still alive and have the opportunity to change my lifestyle and live the rest of in better health>> #lovegettingold
  • amnima
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I tend to eat pretty clean, I just short myself on certain nutrients. Using this app I hope to have better balanced meals. Tone down a little
  • alternateusername
    alternateusername Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I feel you... 37 here and three kids. Hard to stay fit when you're doing all that and work too. Mfp is good like that since five minutes a day keeps you on track.
  • amygdaletsis
    amygdaletsis Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, 34 is not old! Ha I'm 32 with 2 kids, feel better than I did in my twenties! Feel free to add me, we can keep each other motivated!
    Cheers,
    Amy
  • lulu2swim
    lulu2swim Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ah! Okay, I will be the newest but the oldest...I am new to the community.....and I am going to be 59 in Sept....but I feel like I am in my 40s!!!
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    lulu2swim wrote: »
    ....but I feel like I am in my 40s!!!

That's all that matters! And welcome to the community/site.

• amnima
    Options
    I agree I feel better now than I did in my twenties. Farm life takes a toll on your body! Need to stay in best shape I can.
  • LiftingLisa
    LiftingLisa Posts: 12,345 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 this year so I'm really old. lol
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    amnima wrote: »
    Trying to watch what I eat a little closer. I'm getting older and need to start doing a little better. 34, farmer 2 kids. Hello

I think he said 'older' as in He's looking ahead and being smart, got kids and wants to be fit. :+1:@amnima

Old is a state of mind.. you're only as old as you feel and you allow your mind to be. I'm not sure what the word "old' means anymore..the older we get the meaning of 'old' changes.

Ageless... that's a great way to be... life one day at time...moment by moment. lol
  • amnima
    Options
    When doing manual labor your whole life your body does need more attention so you don't break down. I know I'm not old but in high intensity work situations I am older. Learn to work smarter, not harder.