Pizza Hut story! LOL

jennmoore3
jennmoore3 Posts: 1,013 Member
edited September 29 in Food and Nutrition
Last night my hubby thought it would be nice to go out to eat. So, while I was hoping for a real restaurant, like Round the Clock or something, he chose Pizza Hut. We were looking at the menu, and I was on my phone. He was like "Who are you texting?" I told him I was looking up the calories in the pasta, and sandwiches. So that shut him up for a bit.

Then when it was time to order, I still had no clue what to do. So, I looked at my server, and said, " I know this might seem super crazy but do you have any nutritional info?" My husband looked at me and I thought he was going to crawl under the table. The server, came back with a pamphlet! I was super excited! My husband then told me I was totally crazy.

We had a good dinner, and I felt better knowing the info I needed.

I just had to share, me funny story!

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    men! they just don't understand! LOL
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Good for you. It's important to make informed decisions. So what if people think we're crazy? :wink:
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 465 Member
    I don't want to bash your husband or anything but there is no reason why he should have been embarrassed by you asking for nutritional information. It is perfectly normal these days and you are trying to better yourself. I hope he is much more supportive of you outside Pizza Hut.

Aside from that, GOOD FOR YOU for making the right choice to ask first before ordering.

One of the first things I had to learn was not to be embarrassed about asking for my food to be prepared a certain way or to ask questions about items on the menu.
  • cherylwhite
    cherylwhite Posts: 68 Member
    I would have done the same thing! ...wait... I HAVE done the same thing!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    I hear ya..we went out for pizza aswell last night. I had a nice salad..and the smallest slice of pizza..then i drank alot of water..and burned 500 calories when i got to the gym last night..talk about trying to "exercise" the demon pizza out..LOL
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Good job! So what did you have?
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 717 Member
    Good for you!!!! I do exactly the same thing in any restuarant that we go into. Just as a side note, I stopped a few weeks ago at a King's Restuarant. I ordered the Lemon Pepper cod...said it was grilled. Well, it was breaded and then grill fried. I could taste the grease. I ate all the veggies, paid the bill and left. I went home and found their website and wrote a comment. The manager called me about an hour later and we discussed the menu. I noted that there was no egg beater or egg white omlets on the menu, no fish baked in OJ or broiled on the menu. He said there was....I asked to tell me where. He couldn't find them....he said that I could have asked for it. I said that in a fine restuarant, that is not a problem. But in a resturant like King's which is like Denny's, how does anyone know that is a possibility if it is not noted anywhere on the menu. He said I had a good point and he would pass my notations on to Corporate.

It pays to make comments!
  • I actually use the MFP app and another app that has nutritional info on a lot of different restaurants (as well as google if I can't find out by those 2 apps) on my phone EVERY TIME we go out to eat. I can't stand not knowing what I'm eating anymore, I never guess. I think it is incredibly important and very responsible of us to take the time to find out what we are putting into our bodies instead of just eating mindlessly. Especially at restaurants because the portion sizes are huge and most meals you get give you your entire daily allowance of calories. I think most people don't even realize that every time they eat one meal at a restaurant or fast food place they are eating their entire days calories. So, in other words GOOD FOR YOU and KEEP IT UP!!!!:happy:
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Good for you for asking for the nutritional information!
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    lol i know whyy he was embarrasseddd shoot i hesitate to ask for a extra fork much less a nutritional menuuu thats just how some people are they dont want to be that "pesky Customer" lol even tho its obviously the waitresses jobbb to get you what you needdd!...im like this hehe i cant help itt ..sometime si like to take a step out and take one extra minute to order! hehe ...im just being funny..pay no attention to mee! Awesome that you didnt just chalk it up to 600 Calories like i do..lolll
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Good for you for asking, but a tip for next time.

"I know this sounds crazy" makes your husband believe you ARE crazy. They are simple creatures who rely on us to tell them what to think.:tongue:

Next time just ask, no fuss. I bet he thinks nothing of it.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Usually we NEVER go out to eat, so I never have to worry about calories. I ended up at the salad bar and 1 slice of pizza. He is used to me calculating calories at home, or while I am making something at home, but he never thought I would ask in public! He did say he was proud of me not eating 1/2 the pizza last night. I have hit my 1st goal and now it is becoming a habit to watch calories.

Thanks to everyone who has commented! I appreciate all the good feedback! I used to wait tables back in the day, and I hated those customers who changed the menu or always asked for tons of stuff. I hate to be a bother to anyone. But my server was so wonderful last night!
  • H8T3D
    H8T3D Posts: 77 Member
    Sounds like me at Chili's Grill & Bar Restaurant last week, everything on the menu was 3,000mg-8,000+ mg of sodium. Took me like 30 min's to decide what I wanted as my friends looked at me like I was crazy...

The good thing is my girlfriend and I are on the same diet and we work together supporting each other.
  • men! they just don't understand! LOL
    Understand What???:laugh:
  • Angelrvr
    Angelrvr Posts: 3
    I ask for the nutritional information pamphlet nearly every time I go to a restaurant or any food place wherever I go. Usually, the nutritional info is already on the menu, like Red Robin or Denny's. I recently asked for the nutritional info when I was at Olive Garden even though they have the calories on the menu. I just needed a more detailed information on what I was eating. People get annoyed when I do that sometimes. But hey, it's my health. So, good for you!!! Take charge.
  • waterjogger
    waterjogger Posts: 114
    Great!!! I'll have to remember that next time I go out and don't know what to eat.:smile:
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    I do this. Heck i rather be a SLIM crazy girl lol
This discussion has been closed.