off topic - dating

Options
laurenduffy1988
laurenduffy1988 Posts: 64 Member
I just came out of a relationship ish where he made me feel bad about myself a lot - I am moving city and would love to meet someone but I get nervous shy any tips?

Replies

• danhib
    danhib Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Just be yourself, take time to think about what your qualities are. Spend time doing things you enjoy & are good at. Build your confidence up a bit first. Working out is great for self esteem & boosting confidence. If you are still nervous about meeting someone try online dating to find someone with the same values. Meeting a few people will help you get over shyness. Best of luck
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    There are always hot dudes at the library.

Take up/get more into a hobby. I actually met a lot of guys while learning to salsa dance--though half were creeps. I'm in a happy relationship, so I never allowed anything, but I learned to dance and I met a lot of cool people.
  • 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Tinder. just troll for attention until you feel better about yourself if you don't want to meet up.

Whatever you do don't join pof. Rooster pics aplenty!
  • 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    285to170 wrote: »
    Tinder. just troll for attention until you feel better about yourself if you don't want to meet up.

Whatever you do don't join pof. Rooster pics aplenty!

its about standards. if you're going to send one you have to make it special.

Make it festive! A la bad Santa and his little helpers.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I just came out of a relationship ish where he made me feel bad about myself a lot - I am moving city and would love to meet someone but I get nervous shy any tips?

Focus on going to social events eg on meetup.com for something that is of interest to you. Let it happen naturally.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

booze
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Make eye contact. Smile at people. Throw out a comment here and there about something. In my experience, most people respond to a friendly smile/comment. And if they don't you probably don't want to know them anyway. You can just start practicing on random strangers and it gets easier to naturally meet and talk to people.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    A simple, non threatening, way to meet people in a new town is meetup.com. Go to your town, search groups that fit your interest, join and attend events for that interest or interest (not require to join only one group). You will meet all kinds of people and maybe even someone you might want to date.