Roller Derby Rookie - 25 Lbs to Lose and Muscle to Gain

Options
TieFightHer
TieFightHer Posts: 30 Member
edited June 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone! I'm new to MFP and I have some goals I want to reach this year. They involve keeping up with a training regimen and losing the 25 lbs I gained post-marriage. I currently weigh in at 175 and I am about 5'7". My goal is to get down to 150 first, then I'll focus on trimming another 10 lbs off.

As far as my work life goes, I'm often extremely exhausted by the time I come home. I am a mailman...or mailwoman. And I work in the extreme heat of Florida with no A/C. For the past week before joining MFP I've been trying to push myself through the exhaustion to get 30-60 minutes of cardio and strength in, but I need to make sure I hold myself accountable to continue doing this. Same with healthy eating. I have gotten terrible about never cooking and just buying frozen meals or fast food in the afternoon when I come home. It has to stop - I've never eaten fast food until I started working like this, and it's made me blow up like a balloon.

Also, as of October of last year I decided to start learning how to roller skate and last week I passed my skills and became a rookie skater with my local roller derby team. However, if I ever want to roster with these girls I have to get in shape to improve my game. I practice at least twice a week, for two hours each session with the girls. The practices include 20-30 minutes of cardio endurance training, scrimmaging, and strategy. Sometimes we do on-skates strength training. I can barely keep up with them so I need to focus on my fitness.

I want to:
  • Lose Weight
  • Improve my daily water intake
  • Eat healthier and less on-the-fly
  • Improve my flexibility
  • Improve core strength
  • Have kickass lower body strength

-Rebecca / Tie Fight-Her

Replies

• crackjawMMA
    crackjawMMA Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Work out in the mornings before you head out to work. Also front load your protein it should hlp set the tone of your eating habits for the day.
  • lindseyschwinger
    lindseyschwinger Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! Fellow derby girl here :) my advice is find an at home workout routine or something to help you with derby, off skate workouts help so much once you get on skates. It has to be your soulmate workout though so make sure it motivates you! My personal favorite is turbo fire, but there's also many things on YouTube, and YouTube is free!

Also, set personal goals, don't compare yourself to your teammates, everyone has their own journey. Set small goals and know that failing is actually a good thing and you learn from it, basically how I learned the game lol. You can do it!!