Friendly Competition?

Options
Trying to find a weight loss partner with a similar body type or anyone willing. Through my weight loss journey I found that nice competition is more driving and encouraging than anything else.
My Body Type
Weight: 176lbs (last checked)
Height: 5'4
BMI: pretty sure in the 30s EEK!
Also, I'm 21!
My goal is to lose about 40 lbs lol or be in the 135-145 range. Build muscle and live a healthy life. I'm trying to accomplish my weight goal in about 2.5 months. ☺

Replies

• daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    A loss of 40 pounds in 2.5 months is not healthy.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I know me telling you this won't make any difference as you will go yeah whatever (exactly as I did ) but that's not long enough to get that weight off.

I'm 5'4 also, I was 24 when I started (this time ), I had 30 lbs to loose and it's taken me 3 years! Don't get me wrong, the first 14 were in 1.5 months. The next 10...6 months. The last few, since maintenance with changes to exercise. If you manage it in 2.5 months what then? You will have restricted so hard you won't really have a grasp of what a healthy balanced diet for life is and you will gain some back and over time back at the start!

At 18, I was 126. At 21, I was 160, then at 22, I was 135, got cocky as I lost so fast,went back to normal diet but thought I was still eating ok, then look where I was at 24, starting all over again! I've now maintained at 125-130 for nearly 2 years, slow and steady wins the race (smoking body ;) ) I wish I had just done it properly that first time! !
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Hi OP, I have similar stats. 160lbs, 5'3", would like to get to 135-140lbs and j like some friendly competition. However, 2.5 months is not a realistic goal for the weight you want to lose.
  • Chibreezr
    Chibreezr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi OP, I have similar stats. 160lbs, 5'3", would like to get to 135-140lbs and j like some friendly competition. However, 2.5 months is not a realistic goal for the weight you want to lose.

Dont want to be that girl but I have already lost 60 lbs about 4 years ago gained back 10 and have been managing ever since. I lost 60 in 3 months which is not healthy at all and I realize that. But i want to lose at least 30 lbs in 2.5 months to meet my 135-145 goal. Which my trainer said is completely doable. I thank you for messaging and take everyones opinions into consideration but 40 lbs is the max I want to lose thats my overall goal. But 145 is what ill be satisfied with.
  • Chibreezr
    Options
    daniip_la wrote: »

135-145 range 30 lbs is considered healthy amount of weight loss lol 40 is just my main goal
  • Chibreezr
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    I know me telling you this won't make any difference as you will go yeah whatever (exactly as I did ) but that's not long enough to get that weight off.

I'm 5'4 also, I was 24 when I started (this time ), I had 30 lbs to loose and it's taken me 3 years! Don't get me wrong, the first 14 were in 1.5 months. The next 10...6 months. The last few, since maintenance with changes to exercise. If you manage it in 2.5 months what then? You will have restricted so hard you won't really have a grasp of what a healthy balanced diet for life is and you will gain some back and over time back at the start!

At 18, I was 126. At 21, I was 160, then at 22, I was 135, got cocky as I lost so fast,went back to normal diet but thought I was still eating ok, then look where I was at 24, starting all over again! I've now maintained at 125-130 for nearly 2 years, slow and steady wins the race (smoking body ;) ) I wish I had just done it properly that first time! !

I understand where you're coming from
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    You look young. Losing weight that fast means losing muscle which gives a person a deflated look. Not to mention it is rough on your skin.
    Stretch marks, sagging, wrinkles before your time. Two lbs a week tops should be your goal, after the initial couple of weeks of bigger loses.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Chibreezr wrote: »

135-145 range 30 lbs is considered healthy amount of weight loss lol 40 is just my main goal

30 pounds in 2.5 months is healthy for someone who has over 100 pounds to lose. At your size, 10 pounds in that time frame is good.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options

I wasn't talking about your goal weight, I was talking about your projected rate of loss. Which is unhealthy however you justify it.
  • Rebekah_89
    Rebekah_89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Trying to find a weight loss partner with a similar body type or anyone willing. Through my weight loss journey I found that nice competition is more driving and encouraging than anything else.
    My Body Type
    Weight: 176lbs (last checked)
    Height: 5'4
    BMI: pretty sure in the 30s EEK!
    Also, I'm 21!
    My goal is to lose about 40 lbs lol or be in the 135-145 range. Build muscle and live a healthy life. I'm trying to accomplish my weight goal in about 2.5 months. ☺

I would DEFINITELY do a little friendly competition with you. I've been wanting to do that with people but they always back out or don't take it seriously. I'm 154 lbs (last time I checked) and I'm 5'4. My goal is 130lbs. I give myself a few months to get down to it. I believe 8-10 lbs a month is reasonable but idk. I just want to be down to my goal and sexy before I take family pics with my new baby born 3 months ago. Don't want it to be long before we do that bc I want her to be small still.
  • Rebekah_89
    Rebekah_89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options

I'm in with the friendly competition. Need to put a little kick in this weight loss journey...and have fun. What do you say Megan?