FitBit and Grocery Shopping

Options
2»

Replies

• shelleyrhoads
    shelleyrhoads Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I count because mfp works off a NEAT system. My calorie goals are set low 1200 calories. That I track with a scale. I have not bought a device yet so I usually track shopping as a leasurely walk. This way I can keep track of my activity during the day. I don't eat back calories but it keeps me accountable for my activity during the day and week. And of you are shopping for a large family it most deffantly can be considered accual exercise. Think about how long you are walking, are you reaching, squating, pushing a heavy cart? All of this adds up.
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I count because mfp works off a NEAT system. My calorie goals are set low 1200 calories. That I track with a scale. I have not bought a device yet so I usually track shopping as a leasurely walk. This way I can keep track of my activity during the day. I don't eat back calories but it keeps me accountable for my activity during the day and week. And of you are shopping for a large family it most deffantly can be considered accual exercise. Think about how long you are walking, are you reaching, squating, pushing a heavy cart? All of this adds up.

I don't think it adds up to anything meaningful unless you rarely go grocery shopping. If you go weekly your body is used to the activity.

Is it a leisurely walk if you are stopping every minute or so to put something in the cart?

Think it's dangerous to tell myself something like grocery shopping counts as exercise.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    ?format=500w
  • shrinkingtina
    shrinkingtina Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I never thought to put it in my pocket. This is genius!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I have fb one, a clip on, and it counts the grocery store just fine.