Drink Red Wine

Options
We all know that Red Wine is Healthy when you drink it in Moderation.

I did alot of research & they say that Red wines from France & Italy are the best for your Health due to the Clay Soil, Elevation & Climate Region where these Grapes are Grown. The say Tannat is # 1 for your Health which is very High in Polyphenols. Tannat Grapes can have 5 times the Polyphenols compared to other grape wines. Do you guys enjoy Drinking Red Wine for your Health ??

Replies

• thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Alcohol tastes so gross.
  • Megansmith112712
    Megansmith112712 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I enjoy drinking it for many reasons, the fact that I can try to tell myself it is healthy for me is just a bonus! ;)

I use this theory for dark chocolate.

I don't like red wine I find them too bitter
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I use this theory for beer! Cheers
  • sappermuff
    sappermuff Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I don't like wine. And I reckon the health benefits of most things are blown out of proportion.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I enjoy drinking red wine for my health; however, for me it is about the fact that a glass of wine makes me happy...that in itself will help to keep me healthy.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I don't like red wine, or wine in general. I had a bottle of red the other night at a party, it was the only thing available (hubby bought it for me and is desperately trying to find me one i like) and it was kinda drinkable. I was so sick that night, room spinning and projectile :sick: I don't ever get sick from drinking alcohol, wine just does not agree with me!
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I enjoy red wine from time to time - it seems a pretty reasonable choice given the range of reported health benefits.
    I also enjoy beer, white wine, some spirits and the odd cocktail too. For me alcohol is an occasional, enjoyable treat that fits just fine in a varied diet.

(PS. You use a lot of capitals in the middle of sentences, it's much harder to read than using lower case).
  • Kobz27
    Kobz27 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    http://www.m.webmd.com/diet/features/health-benefits-wine

Lol. I'm guessing that it helps mostly because it relaxes the body and thins the blood making it easier on the heart. Just my opinion though
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I love red wine..prefer it over white. I find (for me) the best Red wines have an alcohol content of at least 13%. Just my life's experience..they seem more full bodied..(Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon or Red Zin) I also prefer California or Washington State Reds.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am in the wine business. Where the wine comes from is not all that important. Red wine contains properties that are healthy, in moderation.

I would not worry, all the much, about the country that it comes from. You will find many soil types in the US as well.
  • SurfCityBeachGuy
    SurfCityBeachGuy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    pdxwine wrote: »
    I am in the wine business. Where the wine comes from is not all that important. Red wine contains properties that are healthy, in moderation.

I would not worry, all the much, about the country that it comes from. You will find many soil types in the US as well.

Hello pdx wine, Read the above Links & Learn.

With all the research that has been done, i would have to say that you are wrong.

We all know Red wine is good for you in moderation.

But....
    They say Red wine that comes from France & Italy has 5 times the amount of Polyphenols.
    There is a lot of data online to back this up.

Im sure you sell good wine... but my wine comes from France

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

With all the research that has been done, i would have to say that you are wrong.

But....
    They say Red wine that comes from France & Italy has 5 times the amount of Polyphenols.

What studies are you referring to? If people who regularly enjoy red wine have certain health benefits, how are researchers isolating the benefits among people who only drink wine from a certain region of the world?
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options

But....

Many of my wines also come from France. Trust me, the benefits you are going to get from red wines are not going to vary much, based on place.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I love red wine. But will choose based on flavor, not on origin.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Which wine you drink definitely has an impact on how "healthy" it is. Ben Greenfield has a lot of info and podcasts that talk about wine: https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/2015/06/what-is-the-healthiest-wine/

This is a great inexpensive brand that is organic and biodynamic: http://www.fitvinewine.com/

I recommend the Cabernet Sauvignon and letting it aerate. It's fantastic. I enjoy a few glasses a month.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    A serving daily.
    That is 5 ounces.
    Who on earth can drink that?
    * The studies are funded by money given to colleges. Paid for by the wine industry. Food for thought.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    By all means enjoy your wine, but I wouldn't expect any extraordinary health effects no matter what the soil is like.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    A serving daily.
    That is 5 ounces.
    Who on earth can drink that?
    * The studies are funded by money given to colleges. Paid for by the wine industry. Food for thought.

Do you mean that seems like a little or a lot? It's a standard pour -- many people have just a glass of wine at a time. It's like choosing to have an ounce of tortilla chips or 2 ounces of pasta.

Are you questioning the significant number of studies that do show benefits associated with moderate wine consumption?