Wow...can this be overwhelming!

starryheart83
starryheart83 Posts: 25
edited 7:53AM in Introduce Yourself
Hi! My name is Jen and I've just recently started using MFP and wow is it overwhelming! I never realized the amount of junk that I was putting in my system...crazy!

I want to lose weight so that I can be healthy as with all the extra weight I have comes complications with your health and I want to be able to have a baby with the love of my life, without complications!

I decided to introduce myself and hopefully gain some supporters out there to lean on when times get rough and I'm battling with myself not to eat an entire cheesecake ( I have never done that! LOL)! I never have problems talking but for some reason that's all that I have come up with as of know!

Wish me luck!

Replies

• tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    GOOD LUCK! You CAN do this, & you WILL do it! I believe in you! Keep on going!!!!
  • mrs_joshica
    mrs_joshica Posts: 275 Member
    Hi & Welcome! You will find no shorting when it comes to support here let me tell you that! You can do this!
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    It is a shocker when you first start logging! You can do this and reach all of your goals!

Here's to your success!
  • Missyrth
    Missyrth Posts: 59 Member
    Yes.. good luck to you. I too could not believe how much i was eating. It's hard work and I just keep thinking it will be worth it when it's all over with. :smile:
  • Ladynitra
    Ladynitra Posts: 6
    Welcome and good luck to you....One day at a time is what I say!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Good luck :) You can absolutely reach your goals and we will all help you :)
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 702 Member
    Good luck and yes it can be very overwhelming, can I give you a little piece of advice though....do baby steps, change one or two things at a time. The inclination is to change everything at once and that can be counter productive. Don't get me wrong, some people can do it, but often it is too much...maybe start with one goal like keeping within your calories for a couple weeks then add something else then more so it is gradual, we did not get over weight overnight and we will not lose it that way either. Best of luck, you have takin an amazing step and should be commended; I know you will do this. Use MFP and the support that it provides, I know that my friends have kept me going even when I myself did not want or did not believe in myself enough to...Good luck baby.
  • It is a surprise when you log everything..I was always worried about carbs and I found that it's protein I should worry about!
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 780 Member
    You can so do this! It is SO hard and when times get tough it can be harder to continue to make the right decisions. But MFP is a great place to do it because the people on here are the most supportive people you will ever hope to meet. Just know that all you can do is your best and if you slip just dust yourself off and keep trying. Eventually it'll all turn out for you. If you're still looking for some supporters feel free to friend me...I know I can use all the supporters I can get too!!
  • It was an eye opener for me too. I wish you great progress and healthy results! lisa :happy:

8290152.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    I just looked at your food diary and you did GREAT today! Nicely done!

Katie
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Welcome to MFP!!
    There are some wonderful, helpful, inspiring people here.
    It can be overwhelming, but you CAN do it.
    Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Im 40 something days into this program, and I love it!! I love to read oxygen magazines, self shape and anything about weighloss and exercise, keeps me focused, and moving forward. glad to have you!:flowerforyou:
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Good luck! You can do it! Add me if you want! (:
This discussion has been closed.