What does your 1200 calorie day look like?

Options
JCFan3
JCFan3 Posts: 146 Member
Hi, I am looking for others who have open food diaries. Trying you see what 1200 calories can look like. I have eaten high fat, high calorie for so long and I am wanting to see that you can still enjoy food and lose weight at the same time. I have around 75 more pounds to go!

Replies

• seekingbetterme
    seekingbetterme Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Mine obviously varies, but an average day is:

Breakfast: (185 calories)
    1 slice Sara Lee bread (45 calories)
    1 large egg (70 calories)
    I put the egg on the toasted bread with a tiny bit of light mayo (10 calories)
    Red seedless grapes (60 calories)

Snack:
    Small gala Apple (60 calories)

Lunch: (325 calories)
    2 slices Sara Lee bread (90 calories)
    1 slice salami (30 calories)
    1 slice thin cut Colby jack cheese (30 calories)
    2 TSP light mayo (15 calories)
    1 oz Lay's baked BBQ chips (160)
    Sandwich with chips!

Snack: (65 calories)
    Carrots (35 calories)
    Hummus (30 calories)

Dinner: (360 calories)
    3 oz Tyson grilled strips (100 calories)
    1/2 cup brown rice (160 calories)
    3 tbsp light sour cream (60 calories)
    Shredded cheese (40 calories)
    Taco sauce (0 calories)
    This makes a giant burrito bowl!

That totals to 995 calories, I like to plan my meals to leave me with a couple hundred to play around with. Sometimes I use it for dessert, or I'll split it up over snacks. Sometimes I'll use it to put extra cheese on my dinner.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Diary isn't open, but:

Black Coffee - 0 calories
    High Fiber English Muffin w/ Wholey Guacamole & salsa - 200ish

Wrap (Fiber one shell, 3 oz roasted chicken breast, 2 slices of thin sliced provolone, asparagus, radish, spinach) - 350ish
    Bowl of fresh strawberries and raspberries - 60ish calories

Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Square - 50 calories

Pack of ramen (sometimes avoiding the flavor packet and adding miso) - 350 calories
    2 soft boiled eggs - 150 calories
    Spinach or kale, chopped broccoli, sliced mushrooms, scallions, grated ginger, sriracha - maybe 40-50ish calories

Around 1200. I usually only eat 2 times per day with no snacks though, so I sometimes have a much higher calorie dinner and no breakfast - especially when I have exercise calories to eat!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Eat back exercise calories...
  • JCFan3
    JCFan3 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much ladies for sharing your examples and giving advice. Best wishes to all of you
  • Thom_Kat
    Thom_Kat Posts: 17 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Breakfast: Egg whites w/ mushrooms & sriracha: 130 calories
    10AM: Frigo cheese stick, 75 grams each carrots, cucumber, cherry tomatoes...any veggies really. 100 calories
    12:30: Homemade cabbage soup or garden salad w/Light Kraft dressing and 1 packet of Tuna Creations. 200 calories
    2:30: 100 grams frozen grapes, 1 cup of Light n Fit greek yogurt. 150 calories
    5 pm: Rice cake, Laughing Cow cheese wedge. 75 calories
    7pm: Any dinner I make has lots of lean meat, veggies, and spices w/ minimal sauce. Spaghetti squash, stirfry, and salads are staples. As are quinoa, farro, brown rice, couscous, & lower calorie riced cauliflower for "filler". Usually with 4 oz of chicken, ground turkey, cut up veggie burger (I like to go low meat at times), 350-500 calories
    Dessert: Quest Bar if it allows or greek yogurt w/ a little bit of sugar free pudding mixed in
    Depending on how my macros and calories are looking or how hard I work out, I'll add in more meat for protein, Silk soy milk for calcium, Quest Bars for protein/fiber. My goal is to always hit at least 100 grams of protein and 100% of my calcium. My fat intake tends to be too low so I do try to add healthy fat here and there. I do not like to eat a lot at one time and have found that this works well for me. Exercise days require more nutrition which usually means another carb heavy snack and bigger dinner.

• AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to friends! Add me if you would like. My day typically consists of breakfast and coffee of about 250 calories total (either protein pancakes or a meal replacement shake because I'm always in a rush), then lunch of about 300-400 calories (this week it is shredded chicken taco meat with fajita veggies and cheese), dinner of about 400-600 calories (a big salad and maybe more taco meat or whatever my family is making) and then fruit and veggies for the remaining calories.
    It's really not too bad. I tend to save more calories for dinner and night time as I'm hungrier.
  • sthoma13
    sthoma13 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My diary is open! My diet varies from day to day and I use recipes from My Slender Kitchen and Skinnytaste all the time. Mostly lean protein and veggies at every single meal. I always save some calories for a snack or dessert. Add me if you'd like!
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Today i did

Breakfast
    1/4 cup cottage cheese
    1 slice whole wheat toast
    2 sliced strawberries
    A drizzle of honey

Lunch
    2 soft boiled eggs
    1 nectarine
    1 glass of v8 veggie juice (low sodium)

Dinner
    Baked chicken breast
    Roasted veggies (potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, green onions, pearl onions, shallots and garlic)
    Rice a roni chicken and mushroom flavor

Snacks
    Fiber drink
    Mini drumstick ice cream
    Hot cheetoh puffcorns

My goal os 1260 cal a day i came in at 1233 i think.

Im usually right on target and my diary is open if you would like to add me