I messed up :(

Options
I've been way under my calorie goal for four days straight, now today I went 321 calories over!!! Im so mad at myself for messing up so bad. Anyone else had a failed day and how did you bounce back from it?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Calculate your calories for the week and I betcha you are still under. Don't beat yourself up over 321 calories, that is just silly.
  • bunnymama75
    bunnymama75 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'll start that as of today to get a weekly average. Great idea!
  • navdeeprana
    navdeeprana Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    The more calories I take is propotinate to the number of calories,I have to burn the same day without exception
  • queenliz99
    Options
    I'll start that as of today to get a weekly average. Great idea!

that's how I do it, I eat light during the week so I can have fun on the weekend.
  • bunnymama75
    Options
    I'm a light eater usually, but was just exceptionally hungry tonite!
  • bunnymama75
    Options
    I'm power walking now!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    So when you say you were "way under" for 4 day, what is your calorie goal?
  • queenliz99
    Options
    So when you say you were "way under" for 4 day, what is your calorie goal?

This^^
  • bunnymama75
    Options
    1200 is my goal, and at the end of the day I have been ending up in the 900-1000 range...which equally sucks, bc I really want to me on target!
  • queenliz99
    Options
    1200 is my goal, and at the end of the day I have been ending up in the 900-1000 range...which equally sucks, bc I really want to me on target!

You really should eat your exercise calories back, at least most of them. You cannot and should not rush weight loss.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Well, the reason you are hungry today is likely that you haven't been meeting your nutritional needs. It's really hard for anyone to get all your macro and micro nutrient needs eating well under 1,200. You are basically setting yourself up to fail by not fueling your body properly. How much weigh do you want to lose? Unless you have over say, 20-25 pound to lose, having a weight loss goal per week over .5 or .75 MAYBE 1 pound is just overly aggressive.
  • erikwwikstrom
    erikwwikstrom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh my God, yeah. I've been at this thing for a long time -- this trying to get a handle on my incredibly unhealthy relationship with food. For some reason, though, this time around I'm not beating myself up too badly when I "slip." I keep thinking of how, in a good book, the hero/ine often seems to be in real trouble as the end of a chapter draws near, but that things tend to work out in the next one! I guess I'm feeling like this weight loss "journey" is also a weight loss "story," and that the story isn't finished until ... well ... until it is. 'Till then, though, the awful end of one chapter (day? meal?) doesn't have to have much at all to do with the way the story ends.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding??

On Saturday I ate a total of around 4,500 calories. That's about 2,750 OVER my TDEE.

But you know what? Every other day I had a moderate deficit and I carefully track everything.

So by the end of the week, I came in even. No loss; but no gain either. So I don't feel bad about it.

And yeah, that deficit of yours is way too low. You gotta eat. You don't have to starve to lose weight.
  • bunnymama75
    Options
    Oh i don't starve myself by any means believe me! Im just usually never really hungry, I have a low appetite. I eat a little and I'm full!
  • bunnymama75
    Options
    And I have 8 1/2 pounds I'm trying to lose to get me to my ideal weight.