Good snack with low calories

Options
What are good snacks with low calories? I really want to be good, and I'm having a hard time. Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,044 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I try to eat enough at mealtime so I don't have to snack; but I don't always succeed...how many calories are we talking? 100-200?

My go-to snacks:

Hummus and raw vegetables
    Celery and cream cheese
    Plain Greek yogurt and any fruit or vegetable
    Bean salad
    Hard-boiled eggs/deviled eggs made with avocado
    Tuna salad
    I can make a good vegetable and hummus sandwich or tuna sandwich for around 200

The key is protein/fat/carb and fiber in every meal or snack
  • LuciaB1967
    LuciaB1967 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I will make a list for things to buy when I go grocery shopping.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I use a microwave popcorn popper (Presto) so I only need 1 teaspoon of oil. That little bit of moisture helps the topping stick.

Kernel's seasoning - Ranch & Nacho Cheese are yummy
  • danibabii11
    danibabii11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Depends on the kind of snack or talking about.... I eat pretzles everyday on serving of the store brand does it for me. I also enjoy cottage cheese and blueberries for an afternoon pick me up. Or cucumbers and green pepers, I have done a whole wheat wrap with peanut butter too.:) hope this helps. Good luck!!
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll just have a small snack consisting of fruit.
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Protein bars
    Fruit
    Cottage cheese
  • haney1722
    haney1722 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs are my main snacks, I boil 6 at a time and they make good snacks at work. Otherwise carrot sticks, celery or any vegies, cottage cheese, apples, raspberries are the main ones I stick to.
  • djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Pickles, cucumbers, sauteed zucchini and asparagus, salad, cauliflower, fruit cup, sunflower seeds, fruit bars and yogurt are my go to snacks usually.
  • summergserrano
    summergserrano Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Had this today:
    3 sliced medium tomatoes, 30g of reduced fat feta cheese ( cubed) drizzled with olive oil. Add some pepper . Its a good savory snack. Also, QUEST BARS are really good too. ( high protein very little sugar and tastes great) I suggest getting the chocolate brownie flavor. The expensive price is something to consider tho
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Breyer's blast ice cream is extremely low in calories for being all natural and having chunks of girl scout cookies, reese's pb cup, snickers and the like.
  • CarriannLerner
    CarriannLerner Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A piece of fruit never seems enough to me, but pair an apple with a baby bel (or your choice of cheese) and it is more filling and helps with afternoon sweet cravings for low calories. :)
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Fresh peaches
    Fat free cottage cheese
    Cucumber w lemon and salt
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    dried fruit, pickles,tofu dessert packs,medjool dates,roasted seaweed snacks,larabars
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I like sweet and savory, so my favorite is dipping apple slices in Sabra hummus ( single serves). Under 300 calories.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Celery or cucumber with a bit of cream (or other) cheese. A couple of hardboiled eggs. A can of sardines, tuna, or any other fish really.