Always hungry when I work out!

Options
My calories are 1340, I'm not going to add to them because I'm eating enough and I don't understand why I get so hungry on days i work out. It's very light work outs too like couch to 5k week 1, or walking for like 30 minutes a day. I drink plenty of water, eat filling foods, why am I always hungry?

Replies

• thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories? If not, there you go. If you're still hungry, either your mind is playing with you or you need to up your calories.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Eat back some of your calories, that is why you are hungry. Being hungry sometimes leads to bingeing. You are learning how to eat for a lifetime.
  • adoette
    adoette Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Add a protein rich snack. It could just be that your body wants more building blocks for those muscles you're working.

I'm getting 1380 a day, and adding post-workout snacks hasn't really affected my rate at all.

So, 100 calories (give or take) of protein. Greek yogurt, boiled egg, baby protein shake?

If you really don't want to up your calories at all, save some special for it. Meal timing doesn't affect rates of weight loss, but it does affect rates of hunger!
  • spring913
    spring913 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You need to eat back a portion of your exercise calories if you're not already.

I pre plan post workout snacks into my day so I don't derail myself. I'm usually famished after a good workout.