Getting old

Options
2»

Replies

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Wow, none of you have a clue about getting old....LOL, I'd trade places in a skinny minute. At 66 and still trying to become leaner and have more defined muscles you have no idea how easy you have it!!!!

I'll try to sympathize though..... ;)
  • lilbitmeme
    lilbitmeme Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I can understand what you mean. Tough physical labor can age your body much faster. Good job and making the choice now to make adjustments and stay in the best shape possible.
  • mrevansx
    mrevansx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    LOL, I was just complaining about being old at a workout earlier today and then a 48 year old blew past me like I was walking. I'm 46 and trying to feel like a 26 year old again...I've got a loooong way to go and obviously age is just a mindset...to a degree.
  • bguerich
    bguerich Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 and caught myself saying "I'm getting old" the other day! Lol
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Getting old is a good thing! It's alternative is not!
  • SWeETCaRoLiNe115
    SWeETCaRoLiNe115 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 116 years old !! And I feel great !! Now that's what you call old !
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    If u saying that your old than I'm old

:smile: yep and me too
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Well I saw this thread called getting old and stopped in!!! Getting OLD is a state of mind! I must be 130 years old or is that dog years?

OP it is good that you are taking strides early on with your health.. but 34 by far is not getting old.. I did not start until 1 1/2 years ago until I got my last kid in college.
  • elncatalan
    elncatalan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! At the end of this year I'll turn 45. I'm an empty nester and it took this year to finally get serious about my wellness. I am down to my pre-baby weight of 118 losing 18 lbs and am physically active doing things I never would have thought I could before. I am a happy more positive person (also something that I wasn't before). I feel like every decade has been better than the one before. The better one feels about themselves the less age matters. That being said, I can imagine how difficult constant physical activity can be. My husband was in construction all his early life and it takes its toll.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Seeing all these 30 and 40 year olds talking about getting old is kinda funny. Life starts at 60 ;-) Bottom line: There is no time like the present to start improving your condition, no matter what your actual age.
  • Ipedal4pleasure
    Ipedal4pleasure Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I turned 55 this year, wow where did the time go? In my 40s I let myself go, ate whatever I wanted, felt miserable, tired, had a hard time breathing. When I turned 50 I decided to make a change, now I am in fantastic physical condition and feel the best I have felt since my 20s.
  • lilheidi76
    lilheidi76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Not long ago turned 40 myself. The reality of aging is being forced to have to actually make the effort to stay healthy and fit. It wasn't even something I thought about in my 20s.
  • letsdothisagain40
    letsdothisagain40 Posts: 9 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I've felt old lately and I'm not going to stand for it! Today is a new day! I have a new MFP ( my old one had too many bad foods that I had logged!) and I'm gonna kick a*s! Anyone with me? ( 34 old ? Uurrghh... Lol... I'll be... Well let's just say I'm older than that!)