Whey

Options
Arucard5
Arucard5 Posts: 39 Member
I'm going to buy Whey protein isolate. I heard it's the best version for just protein. Has anyone else tried the product? If so let me know your thoughts on it or just whey in general

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I put a spoonful in to my oatmeal (after it is cooked) and in my home-made puffed millet protein bars. It's protein. I'd never eat it alone.
  • sappermuff
    sappermuff Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It's protein. Nothing magical about it, I only use it to hit my protein requirements when losing weight.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Isolate is probably the most easiest on your tummy. I can have isolate or casein no problems, but have major digestive issues with whey concentrate.
    Like the others said, it's an easy and tasty way to get more protein in your diet.
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I use it in my breakfast shake with almond milk and a greens powder. It's handy but just remember it's a supplement so don't over do it and try to get most of your protein from real food
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I drink whey for quick absorption after a workout and casein when I don't hit my protein macros. I can only think of once in the past month that i have had both in the same day.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I cannot not drink protein powders without a mixer. Cheap at walmart for $14. Any blender will do.
    Just in case you have trouble with the grittiness.
    I also use skim milk. Only brand I can make with water is On Gold Standard.