Supersize Vs Superskinny

Options
In the UK on Channel 4 we have a weekly programme called Supersize Vs Superskinny. It's really interesting and takes one very slim person who is underweight and one obese person and makes them swap diets for a week. They then put them on healthy eating for three months and bring them back in to see how it has imrpoved their lives.

There are also bits on fad diets, loosing inches off your bum and what foods have the highest calories.

I think you can watch it on You Tube or on Channel 4 On Demand if you are not in the UK. I recommend it :smile:

Replies

• beanyspoon
    Options
    In the UK on Channel 4 we have a weekly programme called Supersize Vs Superskinny. It's really interesting and takes one very slim person who is underweight and one obese person and makes them swap diets for a week. They then put them on healthy eating for three months and bring them back in to see how it has imrpoved their lives.

There are also bits on fad diets, loosing inches off your bum and what foods have the highest calories.

I think you can watch it on You Tube or on Channel 4 On Demand if you are not in the UK. I recommend it :smile:
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. I am watching the first episode right now on uTube.

What is a stone in reference to weight? They said the skinny girl was 6 stone and 9.5 pounds. I am in the US and we just use pounds.
  • sundaygirl85
    Options
    1 stone = 14lbs.

Funny how we both use pounds but we split them into stones and you in the US don't!
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I had to get my calculator out to see how much they lost and gained.

I loved the horse simulator to help get rid of your butt. I want to invest in one of those!!!
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    i liked the show. I wish that they would have had some more dramatic results
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I watched the show on youtube very funny. We need more shows like that in the states.