I lost 32 pounds since April 1, and here is how

Options
I substitute meals with Weight Watcher's Smart Ones or Lean Cuisine and if I get hungry between meals I eat salad or fruit and always fat free dressing. I literally eat 5 to 7 times a day but it's always one of those weight watcher meals or fruit or salad. I also do the treadmill 30 minutes a day everyday no matter what.

You have to go through the kitchen and throw away everything unhealthy including bagels, pizza, fattening salad dressing, ice cream, and then replace it all with frozen weight watchers/lean cuisine. Then make a huge salad...eating like this really does fill you up and keep you full all day. If you just do that for a few weeks without cheating, you'll see the pounds start to drop off and it will make you want to keep going. 3 months later...I lost over 10 pounds a month!

That is how I did it, I hope that helps!

Replies

• MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I substitute meals with Weight Watcher's Smart Ones or Lean Cuisine

Is this a infomercial? I'm joking with you lol, congrats
  • Seasidedebbie
    Seasidedebbie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and sticking to a plan. Thanks for posting.
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    what ever it takes to get it off more power to you, I will die of sodium overload if I did that. But Hurray for you. :drinker:
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I've been here since April 12th and lost 26 pounds. I've slipped, I've had nachos with cheese (yum yum). I've had a chocolate bar! (I know slap me now! wait that's not all, I've had more than one!) and I haven't given up my red wine just kept it to weekends.
    Slow and steady wins the race.
    It is a case of being strict with yourself sometimes, will power over real need etc.
    Well done on your weight loss OP, that is a fantastic result but ladies and gents, please I urge you don't kill yourself if you slip up. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • radioloren
    radioloren Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey! Thanks for sharing your story, mine is similar!

I have replaced a lot of my meals with either Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisines, and I bring them to work with me for lunch. During the week it's very easy for me to stick to my new meal plan. Weekends are a bit tougher cause I'm out with people doing things, but I've been pretty good, I usually order a salad with a water, and only eat 1 roll that comes before dinner, not 5 like in the past lol.

I also use my treadmill every single day for at least a half hour. I wake up 1/2 hour earlier than usual, do the treadmill for a 1/2 hour, then if I have time at night, I use it again, and sometimes I go for longer than 30 mins. on the weekends.

It's been 1 month for me, and I've lost 6 lbs. My goal is to lose 30 lbs. by 10/31/11.

Thanks for sharing your story!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Frozen ready meals? that just screams out sodium to me!
    Also pretty lazy. I'm amazed by people who are too lazy to cook. and not in a good way
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. I'm glad you found something that works for you. I prefer using fresh ingredients such as lean proteins, whole grains and fresh fruits and veggies.

I just don't think I could sustain myself on lean cuisines for the rest of my life. Not to mention the sodium and artifical ingredients.

But whatever it takes, right?
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Greatwork! I have had somewhat similar results by simply practicing detachment from foods. Eat enough to provide what I need no more with plenty of vegetables. Also not eating beef and pork have helped along with the overall reduction in meat. Adjusting to such proven healthy eating habits seems so hard for people to do and yet they feel "confused" or that it is to "complicated." Feels liberating really aswell.
  • radioloren
    Options
    Also pretty lazy. I'm amazed by people who are too lazy to cook. and not in a good way

I hate cooking, and I'm not good at it, doesn't necessary mean I am lazy. Obviously, if I am motivated enough to get up early to exercise every single day, I'm not lazy.....maybe you should think before posting, so you don't insult people.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I tried that for a while but the sodium content was way to high for me.
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and thanks for sharing on how you did it!
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options

I hate cooking, and I'm not good at it, doesn't necessary mean I am lazy. Obviously, if I am motivated enough to get up early to exercise every single day, I'm not lazy.....maybe you should think before posting, so you don't insult people.
    I don't think they were trying to insult you. I don't think you mentioned cooking ready meals. I do think there is a lot of salt in ready meals to preserve them and people come on here asking why they are not losing weight and it's often a reason, but each to their own and whatever works, but each to their own. Like I said in my post, I think it's important to cut yourself a bit of slack now and again.
    ps. I could never cook but the other day I made a curry!!!! (v. proud!):drinker:
  • radioloren
    Options

I don't think they were trying to insult you. I don't think you mentioned cooking ready meals. I do think there is a lot of salt in ready meals to preserve them and people come on here asking why they are not losing weight and it's often a reason, but each to their own and whatever works, but each to their own. Like I said in my post, I think it's important to cut yourself a bit of slack now and again.
    ps. I could never cook but the other day I made a curry!!!! (v. proud!):drinker:

Thank you, you've made a good point. Sorry, when someone says that I'm lazy for not cooking, I am insulted. Being lazy and not liking to cook are two different things....and hey, maybe I am too busy to cook! Those meals, although not perfect, with the sodium content of course, are a great solution for people on the go! :)