Big Brother 2016

Options
dcc56
dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
Please don't think less of me but I am a fan of the reality TV show Big Brother. Last night was the premier of the new season. What I like about the show is the strategy it takes to be the "last man standing" at the end of the summer. To me, it is an interesting study of group dynamics or group psychology. Plus, it takes athletic skills and problem solving abilities. You really need to be street smart as well. The crazy things that go on are a big distraction to the player's game plan. There is plenty of distracting "eye candy" for both women and men, straight, gay and bisexual....or like last year transgender. We do live in a big world filled with all kinds of different people. I could not imagine being stuck inside a TV stage house for three months with people I just met....trying to win $500,000. It is mostly a younger person's game as most of the contestants are young...but one is 50 something. I've watched in for several years in the summer, even when camping. Or it gets recorded for later viewing. I'm honestly not a very big TV watcher but for some reason the challenge of this "game" is interesting to me. How about you?

Replies

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    I forgot to watch last night
  • LiftingLisa
    LiftingLisa Posts: 12,345 Member
    Options
    Dang it! I forgot it came on last night
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    I'm watching tonight though, I think the first episode is usually boring anyway cause they just introduce everybody now they're in the house and the game begins
  • LiftingLisa
    LiftingLisa Posts: 12,345 Member
    Options
    Pie, I forgot it came on again tonight thanks for reminding me.
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    FLgirl40 wrote: »
    Pie, I forgot it came on again tonight thanks for reminding me.

I thought I was being helpful lol ;)
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I watched it last night. 2 hour premier, got to watch 20 minutes and then.... BREAKING NEWS... There is a tornado that has been spotted 140 miles south of your house and moving even more south at 20 miles per hour so the chance of it affecting you is 0% but we are still going to talk about it on this channel for the entire rest of the Big Brother Premier... :angry:
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    Hahaha ^ great story

I'm sorry
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    I just realized I recorded it :+1:
  • dcc56
    Options
    The first night did have the usual intros but they also had a competition and one houseguest of the group of four houseguests are already going to be evicted...tonight. Recording it is the way to go so you can skip all the figgin' commercials. Yeah, we had the weather interruption too but it only lasted a couple minutes for us. Tonight is the second part of the premier. I plan to tune in. I always like to attempt to predict who is going to win right off the bat. And I like to guess who will be the first to go. I dislike that they brought back some repeat houseguests....and some new houseguest that are related to previous houseguests. With all the contestants that want to be on this show (according to the line we had here in Minneapolis) I gotta wonder, is this the best they could do?
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    I thought the premiere showed promise. Most of the houseguests seem like they have the energy to play the game rather than loaf around. I do like the twists of old houseguests, siblings, and teams. Right off the bat it put targets on half of the house and everyone is in game mode already.

I've only seen 3 or 4 seasons of BB. I have to commit to the live feeds if I'm gonna follow the whole thing. The show just doesn't do it justice. The diary sessions are scripted and it's hilariously edited. When you watch the live feeds you see the degeneracy of it all. (i.e. grown adults not washing their hands after coming out of the bathroom, people wearing the same shorts 4 days in a row, someone leaving the cereal box open, girls chewing like a horse, etc.) :lol:

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    Big Brother US is never as good as Big Brother Canada but they try

i do love nicole tho so i will watch it until its just too boring
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Clearly you are not alone in your enjoyment. :) Watch whatever you like; I watch all kinds of stuff that is not precisely educational but, you know, it's just entertainment. No problemo.
  • Jerseyex
    Jerseyex Posts: 3,820 Member
    Options
    Are you watching, its on now
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    EST
  • Jerseyex
    Jerseyex Posts: 3,820 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It was on :#
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    I already watched it
  • dcc56
    Options
    I missed the nomination ceremony. I need to get the All Access thing but don't really want to....summer is too busy. I was thinking of giving up my Sling TV subscription and changing to All Access for the summer. I pay for Sling TV and don't watch it that much, because I don't have cable because I cannot justify the expense. Free TV for me is the best choice.
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    I watched it and already exchanged twitter messages with Evel Dick. haha. Casting and production try too hard with the twists...I still watch though. lol
  • dcc56
    Options
    I was going to say that you would think after all the seasons of BB that these people would know how to play the game better each year....by learning from the mistakes of others. Apparently not. Some run at the mouth and are way too open to the other players...and so trusting, don't they know better by now...frustrating to watch when it appears they are...well....stupid.
  • dcc56
    Options
    Does anyone here have the Live Feed? Is it worth it?