What's your normal weight fluctuations?

Options
I know it's normal to fluctuate, even while strictly following your diet. It can be disheartening. I will drop 1 pound, gain a pound, then magically drop 2 lbs overnight. My trend has been a steady 1-3 lbs a week, during the days in between logging I will see anywhere from 2oz-12oz gain which can be disappointing to see...

Replies

• alexismoham
    alexismoham Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    1 to 3 lbs for me. I can start tue week at 122lbs but by Sat it will be 124. I know allot is water weight ajd earing habits on the weekend but it drives me crazy since i see the trend and im not dropping more just maintaining. I need to change something.
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    When I was actively eating reduced calories, my weight would bounce +/- 3ish lbs. In maintenance, it can swing +/-5 lb!
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm usually between a half-pound and a pound fluctuation. Anything outside of that, I try and remember what may have triggered the increase (eg salt hidden someplace or didn't follow the 3-hour rule)
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Depends on salt intake - but no more than 3 pounds from high to low.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    0.5lb - 2lbs in a day. After TOM sees my scale weighing at its heaviest for 5 days, then its back to its 0.5lb variation up and down.
  • ChihuahuaMeme
    ChihuahuaMeme Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ditto to Tweaking_Time
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I've seen anywhere from 1-6, within a single day. Depends heavily upon what I eat, and how hydrated I am. Also poo.
  • KaylaCFP
    KaylaCFP Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i fluctuate 1.5-3 lbs. drinking alot of water helps, as well as "that time of the month" we hold onto alot more water. i find that flushing it out by drinking alot of water helps!
  • spring913
    spring913 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I see a 1-3 lb fluctuation throughout the week. Normally by my official weigh in I've lost though. Weight isn't a static number. Think of your weight as a range instead of one number. As long as that range is lowering you're doing great!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    OP, it may be helpful for you to create a graph so that you can see the overall downward trend. It's one thing to know that you are in a downward trend and another thing to see it on paper (or on a screen.) Sometimes the latter makes it click better.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    It's been a minute since I've weighed myself several days in a row but I think it was generally 1-3 pounds up or down within a given week. If you're feeling frustrated by it, I'd suggest trying to weigh yourself less frequently.
  • ColetteM6
    ColetteM6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    4-5 lbs for me (salt is my sticking point)
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    2 lbs either way, depending on salt intake (I try to stay under 1500 and if I go significantly over I "grab" water", hormones and heat/humidity.
  • agustinaamurrio
    agustinaamurrio Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I fluctuate between 1-4 lbs. I just tell myself it is water retention because 3,500 calories equals a pound. I just lowered my macros so I eat less than 1,500 at the moment so I know I can't gain an actual pound .
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    GeoBaybee wrote: »
    I know it's normal to fluctuate, even while strictly following your diet. It can be disheartening. I will drop 1 pound, gain a pound, then magically drop 2 lbs overnight. My trend has been a steady 1-3 lbs a week, during the days in between logging I will see anywhere from 2oz-12oz gain which can be disappointing to see...

The trend is what is important and what you should be focusing on. Body weight isn't a static thing...the human body is anywhere from 50-65% water and that's always going to be in flux and you're always going to have varying amounts of inherent waste in your system, etc.

Focus on what is important! I'm in maintenance and I can fluctuate anywhere from 0-3 Lbs day to day and as much as 5 Lbs day to day...often after I fly I will be about 8 Lbs heavier than before I flew because air travel causes bloating. Focus on what is important, not this kind of minutia.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    +/- 1 or 2 lbs
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    bout 3 pounds
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    GeoBaybee wrote: »

The trend is what is important and what you should be focusing on. Body weight isn't a static thing...the human body is anywhere from 50-65% water and that's always going to be in flux and you're always going to have varying amounts of inherent waste in your system, etc.

Focus on what is important! I'm in maintenance and I can fluctuate anywhere from 0-3 Lbs day to day and as much as 5 Lbs day to day...often after I fly I will be about 8 Lbs heavier than before I flew because air travel causes bloating. Focus on what is important, not this kind of minutia.

Oh my gosh yes to the flying! I rarely fly but I just went to Cancun and I felt like a balloon after getting off the plane. My toes looked like little sausages! Lol!

On the flight back, I made sure to wander the plane every so often to get a little blood flow going!
  • Rogstar
    Rogstar Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hit a recent low (at least for this year) of 208.6 on Saturday. Hurrah!

Weight this morning: 211.6. <sigh>

But it's fine, my period should be starting tomorrow, so I expected an uptick. It's actually less of an uptick than the last two months; the day before TOM I was over 5lbs heavier than my low a few days before that. As long as I'm less than I was this time last month, I know I'm on the right track!
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    +/- 1 or 2 lbs

Same. But it seems to fluctuate more when I'm trying to lose. I stayed exactly 152 for 2 months straight once, right thru the holidays.