Herbalife?

Options
Ok Im like thinking about this product but its all shakes and one meal for lunch :( It seems boring to me but Im thinking that Herbalife is considered a dietary supplement like being on a diet pill. My workout buddies use that product and they lose weight but im doing all natural without any pills or shakes. When I said that I wanted to take pills they said that it would be cheating....I think what they are using is cheating as well right? Im eating solid food all day! Then when I gain at the weekly weigh in they arent so happy becuase the goal for the week is 2 Lbs if we dont lose those 2 Lbs we do an extra 30 min for every pound not lost so If I gained 3 Lbs It adds 1hr and 30 min to our normal workout. I have gotten then to that before and it sucks when they rub it in and stuff. What do u all think? Herbalife a Dietary supplement or not?

Replies

• pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I was on Herbalife, I think they were just meal replacements, not considered a diet aid. Pills that increase your metabolism might be considered cheating. But then is exercising cheating since that raises your metabolism too? This sounds like a strange group of people you're hanging with. If you gain weight they all have to do the extra minutes? That doesn't make sense unless it is an effort to keep everyone motivating each other. How has that been going for you? Could be interesting I guess.
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My mother actually sells it and it defiantly is not a "diet pill". Its all natural. My sister used it to loose her weight and she lost 100lbs. Hope this helps ya :)
  • mommy3brats
    Options
    NO!!!!!! If you do a little research into Herbalife, you see there is a high incidence of stroke with people using that product.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, stay away from things like this. You aren't learning anything by doing it which will only make you feel cheated. So what happens when you lose weight and aren't taking the shakes anymore? Will you know how to have healthy meals and make sensible decisions when dining out? This is a long process, it will take time. Who cares if you don't make the weigh-in each week. If I got down every time I didn't see a drop on the scale, I wouldn't be where I am today. It's about changing your lifestyle so you can lead an active and healthy life ahead of you. Not what the scale says next week. Good luck to you!
  • casie05
    casie05 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It's a "dietary" supplement but so is the shake I drink but it's not unhealthy. Mines all natural too. I think that "pills" like hydroxycut are cheating to say the least bc when u get off of them you'll most likely gain it all back plus some. And I'm speaking from experience. But do whatever u feel u have to girl!
  • damcool
    damcool Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My thought is, why cheat? Won't you feel so good when you reach the end and are able to tell everyone that you did it all on your own, without supplements or diet pills? I toyed with the idea of taking such things when I was 1/2 way through and ultimately I really wanted to be able to tell and inspire people to do it all natural. It takes longer, yes, but it is absolutely worth the wait!!! Don't do it, even if they're cheating, doesn't mean you have to. Stand on your own two feet, that's the only way you'll reach the end. Good luck to you! :)
  • grace1611
    grace1611 Posts: 55
    Options
    Know someone who lost 60lbs very quickly , and gained it all back with interest in a few months.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    are you ready to replace all your lunches/dinners with these shakes for the rest of your life? If not, then why not just spend this time learning exactly how to eat better and more healthily so that you know for sure what works for *you*? That's how I see it. This time is a time of learning, and it may take long but in the end, what you learn stays with you forever.

Good luck!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I'm an idiot. Of course diet pills are cheating. To consider pills and exercise as the same is nothing short of absolute stupidity. Do like everyone here is saying, slow and natural. If people can't deal with what you're doing, find some new workout buddies.
  • LaniBaby88
    LaniBaby88 Posts: 12
    Options
    Oh Im not planning on going onto diet pills. My brother used Hydroxycut and he gains it and loses it like a yoyo diet and I dont wanna be like that. Its just that they use that and when we go out to eat for lunch when they can eat a solid food I look for calories and they always have to say something about it :( It does feel good to see numbers drop with no help from pills :) and I do have my bad weeks but I dont give up. And yes the 2Lbs a week is like a goal we try to reach to keep the motivation going.
  • minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    Options
    This is my take. I started on herbalife about a month ago. I had to drink one shake in the morning, one at night, and eat lunch normally. Maybe it's personal taste, but I hated the flavor. However, I thought any sacrifice would be worth it to lose weight. After a week, I realized that more than makling a sacrifice, I was miserable. If this shakes are replacing two of my meals, they should be good. I really felt miserable! I did not lose any weight for 3 weeks.
    I decided to onboly drink the shake in the morning. Eat a healthy lunch, and some salad or fruit at night. Doing that, I lost 3.5 pounds in a week. I don't feel miserable anymore. I have more energy, I'm not depressed, I'm motivated, and I'm happy.
    I feel that in order to go through this journey, you must do something that makes you feel good. Because I already bought it, I'm going to have it until I ran out.
    I think following the guidelines from this sire has helped me more that herbalife has.
    Also, it's expensive! I would rather spend that fuit buying fresh produce
  • Amybethjohnson
    Options
    I use Mona Vie RVL shakes. I don't use it every day as their weight loss plan suggests... they suggest a shake for breakfast, shake for lunch, RVL snack bar morning and evening, a "metabolism boosting" pill. and a sensible dinner.
    I will have a shake when I am in a rush for a meal.. I use skim milk and add fresh fruit. I know I'm getting my nutrients in, and it does fill me up.
  • Soziberry
    Soziberry Posts: 115
    Options
    I think these meal replacement or meals on wheels (meals delivered) are handy for those who have a problem with portions and don't want the fuss of measuring. They are meant to get educated while on these on how to maintain without doing it forever but I can't see it working as weight staying off. We are all human and come a night out, birthday or just a night on the couch watching a film with the family can be enough to make you eat like a pig.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    If you do some research on so-called pills that "raise your metabolism" you discover that you just bought a bottle of worthless placebos.

Some of the more prominent ones that people use are often just hyped up vitamins with extra things like Green Tea extract. So to save money and have the same effect, take Centrum and drink Green Tea...
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Youve states you dont want to do a diet pill. So honestly I would just focus on making sure youre taking a multi vitamin. They help with energy since you are getting alot of micro nutrients that most dont focus on in their every day diet. Watch your sodium intake especially 24-48 hours before weigh in since it makes you retain more water (false gain) and learn to do things the right way. Im all for MD monitored pills & programs. But you relaly need to learn the new habits not matter whether you use a pill, supplement, or cutting cals. If you go back to how you ate before youll gain it back. And If youre group is really THAT negative, Id look for another one.
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My motto is don't do anything now that you can't do every day for the rest of your life. That includes food and exercise.

Anything other than that is not a lifestyle change and not going to be sustainable over the long haul.

To me it's all about getting healthy and living a healthy lifestyle. The 50 lbs I've lost is just a bonus.
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Its just that they use that and when we go out to eat for lunch when they can eat a solid food I look for calories and they always have to say something about it.

Picture them in 2 years. You will have learned a new lifestyle, a new way of eating. You will be able to read a menu and quickly guestimate how many calories are in a meal. You will know how many calories you've burned with exercise that day, and how many you burn each day just by being alive. You will be svelte, beautiful, and healthy.

Do you think they will have learned these things from drinking a shake? OR... will they have learned to drink calories? To yo yo? To find the next quick fix? Do you believe they are on a path to lasting weight loss? Do you think they will be svelte, beautiful and healthy with this method? For life?

Maybe. Who's to say what's going to work for them. But since you KNOW what's working for you, tell them to shove it. Keep strong.
  • gbm1982
    gbm1982 Posts: 23
    Options
    i take herbalife, and personally - i think its great. Ive always loved my food and always been a big portion eater. If you drink your 2-3 ltrs of water a day, have your shakes, and the healthy snakes in between - it works. over a week - i found when i actually had dinner that my mum dished up for me that I could normally eat the whole plate and more - I found my appetite had shrunk.
    dont get me wrong - i could of forced it down - but was actaully comfortable leaving a third of my plate uneaten.

At the end of the day - everything works - providing you do it properly. Weight watchers, if you follow the points they work. Jenny Craig, etc - and so does Herbalife.

Its all very well saying - this person did HL and then 3 weeks/months they put it all on again - well i guess that person got lazy and started over eating and under exercising again.

I lost 5 kilos before I had my baby with no herbalife - just plain exercising and cutting out on all the rubbish and eating small meals - but still managed to put it all back on again.

Each to there own - but if you are going to go on the program and spend the money (as it can be a bit costly) - you gotta stick with it and give it a decent go. Good luck - feel free to add me as a friend. Ive just started using Herbal life again and buying my products tomoz - so will be in my food diary every day!!
  • H2Ologist
    H2Ologist Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I started using Herbalife three weeks ago. I lost 9 pounds in two weeks, but I am not over eating, and started exercising. I don't know if the products really work, but the shakes give me a limit on what I should eat for a meal. If prevents me from go to a drive-through over lunch. It is kinda expensive $140 for the starter package for a month, but divide that by 30 days and for $4.67 a day, I get two meals.
  • mari0605
    mari0605 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello there. I started Herbalife today. I'm so happy to hear that it's working for you. I have only heard good things about it.
    The price is high up front but like you said divided out and it's not bad. I normally pay $8.00 for lunch and then dinner if I don't cook so it's actually helping my budget in the long run. Yeah! More money to put towards my new wardrobe savings or a pair of shoes :love:

Please add me as a friend so we can keep each other posted of our "Herbalife" progress. Of course this is an open invitation to anyone else who is reading this and are on the Herbalife diet. I love giving motivation and of course receiving it since I don't get it at home.

Have a great day everyday!

Marissa
    mari0605