50 pounds to lose and nervous !

Options
New to the community and I have 50 + pounds to lose. Any tips just add me !

Replies

• AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    What are you nervous about?
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Its not difficult if you make it a lifestyle change and not about a diet. I started eating less and stopped overeating. I than added fitness (mostly running). I than improved the quality of my food by eating lots of produce and limiting starches & carbs. I gained 5 1/2 lbs. on vacation and lost three pounds since I got back. Best part is I don't starve myself. Do it!
  • Mennash_2195
    Mennash_2195 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hii :) sent you a friend request! I have about 30 pounds to lose. Would love to support you along the way :)) don't be nervous. It's a journey. Just take it one day at a time. You can do this.
  • JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    To echo the other posts. There is nothing to be nervous about. First step is to pick a small goal. Perhaps eating at a deficit. Once you are comfortable with that goal set a new one. Perhaps move more. Once you are comfortable with that one then maybe look at your macros. Next up exercise. Get the point? It is all about small changes over time.

How long did it take you to get 50 pounds overweight? Months? Years? Well you wont lose any faster than you gained it. Set that as your time line it will take off all the pressure. I lost 70 pounds in 9 months. My initial goal was to lose 30 pounds in a year.

Remember slow and easy wins the game.
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Don't be nervous. You can do it. Don't restrict yourself too much (enjoy treats, have them). Eat healthy fresh food (I don't care for all the chemicals in processed or frozen foods). Become very familiar with portion sizes. Drink your water. All I do for exercise is walk, find something you like to do and try to do it regularly. The biggest key is not to beat yourself up if you have a bad day. We all have bad days. Just shake it off and let it go and eat better for the next meal. Good luck, you CAN do it.
  • Amrik10
    Amrik10 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi, don't be nervous. We are all trying to lose weight for one reason or another. Using this app has been helpful so don't be afraid to ask questions. I have just stuck to my calorie count and with some exercises things will slowly fall into place. You will get it done!!
  • operadiva37
    operadiva37 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have 50 pounds to lose too and I know how you feel. We can do this!!! Add me! (trying to figure out how to add you lol)
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have about 60 lbs to lose myself....we can do this!! Feel free to add me! :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @kmgrable You and anyone else here can join our group! Just click on the link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114643-up-to-50lbs-by-christmas

It is unrealistic at this point to try to lose 50lbs by Christmas, so don't be put off by the name of the group, we all have different goals and amounts to lose. It's just a fun supportive group, and you are welcome to join!

m0717.gif
  • chandler06tc88
    chandler06tc88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Really simple for me so far, lower your calorie intake and exercise. That's all I've done and I've lost 37 lbs in about 3 months.
  • operadiva37
    operadiva37 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Really simple for me so far, lower your calorie intake and exercise. That's all I've done and I've lost 37 lbs in about 3 months.

Wow! That is inspirational for sure. So are you saying you haven't had any challenges so far? Did you change the foods you were eating at all?
  • MegaHeather
    MegaHeather Posts: 6 Member
    Options

That's amazing! If you don't mind me asking, how low is your calorie intake? How much exercise and what intensity do you workout at? And, how much weight are you looking to lose?
  • MegaHeather
    MegaHeather Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for new, motivational friends, and would love for any of you to add me. I have about 50 lbs to lose, and I'm also close to being a certified personal trainer.
  • chandler06tc88
    Options
    Well until I get to my goal weight I am only taking in about 1500 calories a day, for women I believe the lowest you can go is 1200. I'm not gonna lie it sucks for a while, but you'll get used to it. It's primarily a lot of vegetables, and lean protein (Chicken, turkey, and fish,) but I have a cheat day on the weekends where I take in about 2500 to 3000, just to trick my metablosim. When I started this I was 246lbs. My last weigh in was 213 however I'm pretty sure in the morning I'll be 211. My goal is to get to 190. I burn roughly 900 calories about every other day. As far as exercise all I do is cardio (which is a 30 minute program on my treamill) I do 3 programs each session, about 5 times a week, and about twice a week I'll do about 80 pushups, leg raises, and crunches.
    As far as adding you, I just discovered this community session, so you may have to add me and guide me how to do it later. Haha
  • chandler06tc88
    Options
    Oh and I forgot to mention, I eat breakfast, lunch, and a very small snack before 4 o'clock, after that nothing until in the morning, and all I drink is water.
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Request sent. Don't be nervous. Incorporate one thing at a time so it's not over whelming.
  • XnRGrandpa
    XnRGrandpa Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time. If I look more than a few days ahead I start to feel bleak, so I don't go there. 3 1/2 weeks in so far and I'm down 8 pounds. 27 more to go. Friend requests welcomed.
  • amnima
    amnima Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Your already taking a huge step addressing the weight loss. You got this!