40lbs down, halfway there! (pics)

Options
Jorra
Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
I started using MFP three months ago. After several uninformed and short-lived attempts to lose weight in recent years, I finally took control. I've been large my whole life, thanks to an unhealthy lifestyle. My mother was morbidly obese, which partly contributed to her passing at age 45. After she passed, I told myself I'd get healthy so I wouldn't end up like her. It took me two years to sincerely commit to that promise.

I am so grateful to MFP for giving me the tools and knowledge I've needed to get this far. This is my new lifestyle, I don't think I could ever go back to the way I used to eat and live.

before.jpg
Not thinking ahead, I didn't take pictures at the very beginning.

after.jpg
Ignore the junk in the background, it's just boxes from our recent roommate moving in.

My official goal is 130lbs, and we'll see how I feel when I get there. It's a completely foreign idea for me to be that skinny. These next 40lbs I will focus more on exercising so I can tone up and get fit.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!