What a difference a year makes?

Options
emmaleigh47
emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
Last year I was 276 pounds struggling to run for 2 miles.
I started out running for 30 seconds and walking for 4 minutes because that was all I could do.
In September I ran my first 5K race.
In November I ran my first 5 mile race.
In January I ran my first half marathon..... and did it again in April and May.

I am currently training for another half marathon in August ....
But today ... I signed up to run my first marathon.... the Disneyworld marathon in January 2012.

I used to say I have to be under 200 pounds to run a marathon... now I say I dont care. I am a healthy runner, no matter what I weigh! 36 pounds down in the last year, and discovering a new healthy obsession... WINNING!

Check out my blog
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/emmaleigh47

Replies

• daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Said it there and I'll say it here. You are incredible. Way to go!
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Wow!! I'm really impressed! You have great reason to be proud!! Congratulations!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • texasmagz
    texasmagz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You just killed my excuses for not running. Thanks! :smile:
  • xcmom
    xcmom Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I've ran a couple half's and want to do a full marathon just haven't decided where & when.
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    You're awesome and so inspiring!!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Emma, I am SO proud of you for signing up for the marathon! You are the BOMB!:glasses:

And I tell you this all the time, but you have totally inspired me with MY running!

El
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    Emma, I am SO proud of you for signing up for the marathon! You are the BOMB!:glasses:

And I tell you this all the time, but you have totally inspired me with MY running!

El

Thank you sweetie! I cannot wait until you have the elation of crossing the finish line at your first half!
  • theresabell67
    theresabell67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm soooo happy for you. I know I say it all the time, but you are a true inspiration to me!!! As a runner, and as a nurse :):) I look forward to reading your blogs and I always feel better after reading them.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Em, you are amazing, inspirational & strong -- go for it, you will kill it!!! And enjoy the process while you're at it. Love ya, girl!:wink:
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    You are amazing, my friend! Today I am where you were a year ago. You give me hope for what my body can do!! I am so excited for your marathon!! I know you will do well!! And we'll still be dancing together with our pants on 'da ground!! ;)
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    You are amazing, my friend! Today I am where you were a year ago. You give me hope for what my body can do!! I am so excited for your marathon!! I know you will do well!! And we'll still be dancing together with our pants on 'da ground!! ;)

Yes ... except now its the 3X pants on da ground... someday it will be those same 16s that we worked so hard to get into to... they will just be on da ground! :)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    its simple, you rock!
  • cieraangel
    cieraangel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Such an amazing journey so far... and the best is yet to come!
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    its simple, you rock!

Yup.
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    What a great story - I've just completed my first 20 min run on C25K and still feel a long way off even running a little 5K, never mind a marathon, but you have given me renewed inspiration. Look forward to seeing pics of you with Mickey and Minnie next January :smile:
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    What a great story - I've just completed my first 20 min run on C25K and still feel a long way off even running a little 5K, never mind a marathon, but you have given me renewed inspiration. Look forward to seeing pics of you with Mickey and Minnie next January :smile:

Your 5K will be incredible... celebrate those small victories. While you may think they are small, those victories are epic! :)
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    its simple, you rock!

Yup.

Haha love you guys! Daddy good luck on your race tomorrow!!
  • sjodrum
    sjodrum Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That's great news - you are motivated and encouraging!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!