Restricted calorie diet? Does it matter where the calories c

Options
Can I just eat candy and drink beer? If it adds up to 1200 calories, does it matter where I get my calories? I will be taking Alive Women's Multivitamin 3x per day. I will probably throw in a vegetable here and there, too.

Replies

• katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Are you drunk now? :drinker:
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Can I just eat candy and drink beer? If it adds up to 1200 calories, does it matter where I get my calories? I will be taking Alive Women's Multivitamin 3x per day. I will probably throw in a vegetable here and there, too.

I hope your joking LOL!!
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    theoretically itll work for a while untill you become malnourished and die lol

or get something awesome like scurvy
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    If you have the approach that you want to just have candy and beer you will fail and I doubt you are serious about it anyway. Good luck if that's how you are going to do it. Nutrients such as protein help keep you functioning and are essential to overall well being. Can't get those from a multivitamin.
  • vinlop
    vinlop Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Just had to laugh at that! :laugh:
  • leslie4health
    leslie4health Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    LOL, that's a good one! :smokin:
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight - probably not.

If you want to live - yes it does matter. A few more veggies ought to do it....
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the OP is joking hence my remark. :bigsmile:
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options

My sis told me about a friend of hers that ate nothing but Fray Bentos pies. She got scurvy and her doctor was stunned because he'd never actually SEEN scurvy.

There's a lesson for us all in there somewhere...
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    scurvy is no joke! google the symptoms....no wonder pirater were always pissed off lol
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

Yep you will probably lose weight just fine like that.

But you will also be hungry all the time and feel like complete *kitten*.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I think that you used a very exagerated example to prove your point and be funny...at least I think you're just kidding. But the short answer is YES, it does matter. There has to be a delicate balance of protein, carbs, and fats to use (or store) your reserves (fat). There's people who eat very little and are obese. It absolutely matters to your body because every time you have a meal you are sending a message to your metabolism. Eat with purpose..... like you're training for your favorite sport. Boxers in training can eat up to 7000 calories but they will not be having cheeseburgers and fries with a cold beer. It will not serve their purpose because their training is very demanding not to mention the big upcoming event that you and I watch on pay per view. So I guess the question is..... does it matter to you? What are you up to? What is your goal?
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Scurvy just SOUNDS gross. If I have to have some kind of olde tyme disease, I'm going to go with diphtheria.
  • Stoptheviolins
    Stoptheviolins Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure she was joking
  • beadgirl1
    beadgirl1 Posts: 6
    Options
    No. How about we substitute soda for the beer?
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options

This is too funny! :laugh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

My sis told me about a friend of hers that ate nothing but Fray Bentos pies. She got scurvy and her doctor was stunned because he'd never actually SEEN scurvy.

There's a lesson for us all in there somewhere...

Just looked up those pies.....URP :sick:
  • beadgirl1
    Options
    You're sooo not being supportive. I am looking for expert advice.
    Can anyone recommend a highly nutritious 1200-1500 calorie diet?
  • beadgirl1
    Options
    Please don't quote Buddha after being unkind.
  • beadgirl1
    Options
    Thank you for your help. I was just trying to be funny.
    Here is my new diet:

Breakfast: 1 yogurt, 1 banana, 1 green tea
    Snack: 1 orange
    Lunch: 1 Can of tuna mixed with balsamic vinegar, celery, and tomato over greens
    Snack: 10 almonds
    Dinner: Grilled fish with lemon, 1 C. Broccoli, Brown Rice + more green tea

--- I also may substitute Chocolate Slim Fast for 1 meal