Sort of an NSV

Options
musica814
musica814 Posts: 301 Member
So today I met my husband at work for his lunch break. He wanted Taco Bell, so I went with him and ended up ordering off of their Fresco menu. Anyway, as we're eating together, I tell him about my experience donating plasma for the first time yesterday. I excitedly told him that not only did they refer to me as being "small", but they put me in the lower weight bracket and because of that, I couldn't give as much plasma as someone who weighs more than me. So yeah, I don't get to donate as much, but it's because I don't weigh enough! That was a big NSV for me yesterday. But here's the next one. My husband replies, "Oh wow. Hunny, I know you're not supposed to ask women this, but if you don't mind me asking...um, how much DO you weigh?"

Wow. After I got over the initial shock, and after I gave myself a few seconds to shake away the feeling of wanting to thump him over the head :laugh: (just kidding) I realized that I really didn't care anymore. I felt myself blush, and said "142." He just said "Oh" and went back to eating his taco. Funny to see that I've been keeping this "secret" from him for years, never letting him see me weigh myself, never talking about THAT number, etc., and when it finally comes down to it, it's really not that big of a deal! Granted, I used to weigh more than him so that probably has a lot to do with it, but it's nice to not care anymore :smile:

Later on he asked me how much I used to weigh, and when he did the math (I used to be closer to 160) he couldn't believe that I was well on my way to losing almost 20 pounds since then. He congratulated me, and it felt amazing to be able to finally share this journey with him :happy:

Thanks for reading!!

Replies

• 2chubby4now
    2chubby4now Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yup! That IS a NSV! Congratulations! You're doing great!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    it's liberating isn't it....

i never told dp my biggest weight until i lost a heap of it... but now there are no secrets, and that's the way it should be.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • hunni70
    hunni70 Posts: 57
    Options
    great stuff yeah definately a nsv!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!