Support during grievement...

Options
So, I had a very tragic loss in my family last month and completely fell off track, my brother, 28, was grasped by angels before making it to the hospital on May 12 after getting into a motorcycle accident less then a mile down the street.. So everyday multiple times a day, I pass the scene.. Everyday I have memories pouring through my head and I can barely stay focused on everyday things. I started going back to the gym Monday. Still eating like complete *kitten*. It feels good that I'm back at the gym, but I cannot get my eating under control, idk if it's emotional eating or if it's because my brother loves food and didn't care about calories or exercise really and whenever I was with him it always involved food.
In general I'm looking for a bigger support system..
But I'm in need of a few supporters that have went through sibling loss, maybe even at a young age, since I'm 21.
Sibling loss is looked passed because obviously any parent who loses a child is going through way more pain then the sibling.
I'm not searching for sympathy really, just support in an extremely difficult situation.
I do have a support system at home but I just want some outsiders that can lift my spirits on *kitten* days.
Please feel free to add me.

Replies

• prettyblondylady
    prettyblondylady Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Whitney, I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you and your brother were very close. Be kind to yourself. Be with your family. I personally have not experienced the type of loss you are, but please know that you and your family are in my prayers.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear that you are grieving the loss of your brother <3
  • gillie80
    gillie80 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss Whitney. I lost my brother when i was 16, him 18. please feel free to add me. as already said, be kind to yourself and be there for yourself and your family. xx
  • whitneyyd33
    whitneyyd33 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you all
  • Vicwantsabs
    Vicwantsabs Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for the loss of your brother! It can be very difficult to overcome the feelings of sadness when your sibling passes. I lost my sister Barbara to cancer 2 years ago. She was 44. I'm 50 now not 21 but it still hurts as bad! I can say try not to remember the place where he died as bad..but instead try to look at it as your brother loved to ride so much, he would pass this street everyday! This was his street! He loved this street and rode it everyday! I know it's hard, I still have moments I wake up and run to the extra room thinking I hear my sister crying for me. Food has been my drug since her passing hell even before that really! It's nice to have support so hang in there it will get easier! Add me as your friend !
  • whitneyyd33
    whitneyyd33 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much Barbra and oh I know it hurts and that's terrible I'm sorry. Idk what's harder watching it happen slowly or waking up to a phone call when you'd never expect it. And I try, it's just hard no matter which way I look at it.