What do I eat with these numbers?

Options
This is what I have left for tonight - 434 calories, 11 carbs, 32 fat, 1 protein. What can I eat? Do I just ignore the other numbers and just eat my calories?

Replies

• purplecait1212
    Options
    I figure when in doubt adhere to calories and fat first!
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options
    lol i would! ..ur gonna def go over protien..unless u drink a bottle of soda lol
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    It is not as bad to go in negative with protein as with carbs. I personally would eat a piece of rye bread with tomato, margarine, salt and pepper. But just go with what you feel what is right and try to split it better over the whole day in the future. Good luck!!
  • stephriley
    stephriley Posts: 13
    Options
    I think it depends on how active you are. Going over on protein is okay in my book, even more so on days when I work out really hard. A big salad chuck full of greens and some bread with a little bit of peanut butter may be about the right amount calorie wise. I would be more concerned with calories and fat then other stuff. If something high in protein will keep you satisfied longer so you don't break down and snack a whole bunch, go for it!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I almost ALWAYS go with an Oz. of cheese. about 8g fat, about 100-110 calories, filling enough to get me to bed, and protein is always ok to go over.

you can also cut up some celery and go for a little peanut butter/raisins. watch the pb though, it'll rack up the fat quick, but it's another good source of protein to help get you through the evening.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    How about a chef salad? yes, if you put some meat in, you'll go over on protein. Not too big a deal. But you can load it with veggies (that's not too many carbs, after all) and some good salad dressing.

Just be careful not to make it too big. Calories can really sneak up when you start adding cheese, meat, seeds, bacon bits, and dressing. (I normally don't put in crutons, sunflower seeds, or bacon bits; just the lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, bit of meat and cheese, and creamy poppyseed. mmmmmm!)
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    some cheese or veggies are good... but if you aren't hungry, you don't have to eat... and I try to stay under on the fat, carbs, protein, but I focus on calories first. I try never to go over carbs... fat, it depends on the fat... if I ate avacados, no worries... protein, I struggle to get enough as it is as a vegetarian, so when I go over, I never worry...

But as someone else said, go with what feels right and what tastes good!!!
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    are they exercise calories or just your regular calories
    if they are exercise I would say don' t eat them unless your hungry
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    How about a chef salad? yes, if you put some meat in, you'll go over on protein. Not too big a deal. But you can load it with veggies (that's not too many carbs, after all) and some good salad dressing.

Just be careful not to make it too big. Calories can really sneak up when you start adding cheese, meat, seeds, bacon bits, and dressing. (I normally don't put in crutons, sunflower seeds, or bacon bits; just the lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, bit of meat and cheese, and creamy poppyseed. mmmmmm!)

agreed xcept I use fat free ranch dressing and croutons..no meat on a salad for me unless I'm eating it as a meal in itself :)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    If it was me i would stick within calories, its okay to go over in protein, you have a lot of fat remaining so chances are you wont go over that unless you ate something super unhealthy and as for carbs you may go over but it would be okay.

I think really you could eat anything. Im not sure though if you want dinner or snack ideas.
  • jessiesue2
    jessiesue2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. To answer the questions, these are regular calories not exercise calories and these are calories left over after dinner. I did not do well with planning today :(
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    My new fav filler is Ezekiel raisin bread with 1 tbsp of almond butter. The almond butter will probably put you over for protein though.

Just checked, it comes to'

Ezekiel 4:9 - Cinnamon Raisin Bread, 34 g 80 18 0 3 65 5
    365 - Smooth Almond Butter, 1 TBSP 95 3 8 4 3 1

at that rate you can have 2 pieces of bread.