What are good healthy lunch ideas

Options
molllyann
molllyann Posts: 12 Member
I'm struggling on what to eat for lunch? What are some good protein shake replacement meals? I'm trying not to eat bread.. Anything helps!

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Are you only interested in meal replacement shakes or are you open to any ideas?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Can you eat leftovers from dinner?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What do you like? Why are you trying to not eat bread? Are you looking for foods to replace protein shakes? What does this even mean?

You can eat anything, unless you have allergies or other REAL medical issues that interfere with or are interfered by diet, and you should also avoid foods that are is in conflict with your beliefs or religious faith. If your REAL doctor has told you to not eat something, or eat in a particular way, they should explain why, and provide you with a meal plan or at least a list of foods to eat/avoid, or refer you to a dietician.

Use your food diary. Prelog your day. Try to hit your calorie goal every day. Look out for foods that makes this easier, and eat more of those, and foods that makes it difficult, and eat less of those. It's really not that complicated.
  • stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have tons of ideas- however I don't drink shakes. If you need inspiration on low carb lunches and you're open to suggestion let me know!
  • Lindzlashes
    Lindzlashes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also find it really hard to find healthy lunch ideas, esp when I'm at work, if I dont prepare food the night before I end up eating crap!
    Basmati rice is low GI so a good complex carb to fill you up. Could have it with a marinated chicken breast and veg.
    Tuna salad is high in protein.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/lunch/
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Today, I'm having quinoa salad (quinoa with red peppers, green onions, roasted corn, garlic, and chile-lime vinaigrette). I crumbled some queso fresco on top. I also have fruit salad with dark cherries, blueberries, and strawberries. That's a pretty typical lunch for me.

Other days I do a big chopped salad with romaine, avocado, bacon, turkey, and cheddar.

In the winter, I make lots of soups and stews.

I always prefer food I can chew to drinking a shake.
  • WRLemmon
    WRLemmon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I usually have celery, jalapeno peppers, broccoli, and carrots with a mixture of hummus and peanut butter. On my workout days I add a quest protein bar.
  • molllyann
    molllyann Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your ideas
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    If you are just avoiding bread and not carbs altogether, maybe make a wrap with low-carb tortillas or flat breads? Soup is always good, and salads. You can add meat for protein.

Protein shakes are not meals. Be careful, people use these like food and its scary. Eat real food and use supplements wisely.

The leftovers from dinner idea is great, too!
  • Britknenicole
    Britknenicole Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you like sandwiches then you can replace bread with lettuce. Lettuce wraps are popular and actually really amazing!
  • beliaamerica
    beliaamerica Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use ideal lean protein shake they are really good and low calorie.
    But you should really use protein if your not reaching your protein goal that's just a suggest.
    I try to eat enough but avoiding bread pasta fried food.