2 weeks and ranting

Options
Hello everyone,
It has been more than two weeks since I saw a weight drop. I am getting frustrated now. I think I am doing everything right. I use a food scale and measure my liquids with reassuring cup plus in Oz through my machine. But, the weight is not budging. I know I should wait but when you eat 1200 and starve yourself you expect some drop and it makes you anxious and frustrated when you don't because man I did put an effort. Sorry for ranting. I am at 155.5lb and 5'4 need to get to 150lb(since achieving this looks like a deam now) please tell me what should I do. I think my body has just adjusted to 1200. I was 176lbs when I started a year back. And then stopped at 160lbs and now again starting.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but two weeks is too early to get anxious.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    two weeks is too soon to get anxious....
    You have 5lbs to lose, when we have little to lose its slow, pretty much 0.5lb a week loss is actually a good rate. Tighten up the logging, keep plugging away and those pounds will go.

ps I know you'll not want to hear this, but it took me 6 months to lose my final 5lbs - but I was eating around 1900-2000 cals a day (I never went down that route of half starving myself).
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    When you have less weight to lose, it is harder to create a deficit and weight loss becomes really slow. Furthermore if you are losing less than one pound a week, then that loss easily can be masked by natural weight fluctuation (water retention). I can go a few weeks without any loss and then have a week where the scale shows 2-3 lbs lost. I know this isn't the advice you want but, you need to be more patient. Stay the course. 2 weeks isn't long enough to assume your weight loss has stopped. Keep weighing and measuring everything, make sure you are drinking enough water and if you exercise--keep exercising, if you don't--consider adding some to help you increase your deficit.
  • faji2015
    faji2015 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You have 5lbs to lose, when we have little to lose its slow, pretty much 0.5lb a week loss is actually a good rate. Tighten up the logging, keep plugging away and those pounds will go.

I tried losing 1lb per week my body just don't accept this only when I go for 1200 I see change. :( 150lbs is current goal
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    faji2015 wrote: »

I tried losing 1lb per week my body just don't accept this only when I go for 1200 I see change. :( 150lbs is current goal

One thing I noticed is that you do have some fruits that are not weighed (dates) and you are using generic homemade entries for some foods. Weighing all solid foods and creating your own recipes (if possible) will help you be more accurate with your calorie counts. It's possible that some of your commonly eaten foods have more calories than you think they do.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    You should also be taking body measurements. I find that water weight can often mask scale losses but the tape measure will show a difference. I take mine every week or two (chest, waist, hips, thighs and biceps).
  • faji2015
    Options
    faji2015 wrote: »

One thing I noticed is that you do have some fruits that are not weighed (dates) and you are using generic homemade entries for some foods. Weighing all solid foods and creating your own recipes (if possible) will help you be more accurate with your calorie counts. It's possible that some of your commonly eaten foods have more calories than you think they do.

Noted thanks :smile:
  • faji2015
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »
    You should also be taking body measurements. I find that water weight can often mask scale losses but the tape measure will show a difference. I take mine every week or two (chest, waist, hips, thighs and biceps).

I will start doing this. Thanks :smiley: