Mid life weight crisis!! Eek!

Options
Urgh need encouragement to lose weight gained after stopping smoking 18 months ago and hitting late forties! Why is it so hard now? I used to be able to lose weight steadily and maintain it! Anyone else on the same boat?

Replies

• balllynne
    balllynne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 58 and having the same problem would you like to be friends to help each other out with this journey

balllynne
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    It's only as hard as your mind make it.

Keep a sound expectation and a long-term outlook in improving health and longitivity vs short term gains...

That's a strategy to live with versus unrealistic expectations you die with.
  • MsDeeHawk12
    MsDeeHawk12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you, sister! I lost 45 pounds, life hit and I gained it all back. I've jumped back on the wagon and working toward losing it all (plus some) again. 12 down, 66 to go.

Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    As our bodies get older it is not only harder to lose it is harder to maintain. After losing 100lbs when I turned 40 I have put back on 34. I am hoping to lose 15 and maintain. Good Luck on your Journey
  • BewitchedBelinda99
    BewitchedBelinda99 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura, i quit smoking 3 and a half years ago nearly. I'm 44 and I'm still battling to lose all the weight I gained. Wine tasted better though! Trying to give up that now too! Add me if you wish :blush:
  • KECrawford71
    KECrawford71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yup. Late 40's and my metabolism brakes got slammed.
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm 61; I lost 50 pounds 2 years ago; gradually put it back on, because I stopped keeping a food diary. MFP really works, because it keeps you accountable for what you eat. It's a lifestyle not a diet. Cheer up!! With proper diet and exercise, you'll lose weight in no time!! You've taken the 1st step to losing the weight. Enjoy the journey!