Starting again

Options
Hi all, I've been on my weight loss/ fitness journey for around 4 years now, I freely admit I can yo yo with my weight! But with age brings maturity and it's not longer a matter of being a size 6 and tiny as possible! This journey for me has became more about health and fitness and maintaining a heathy weight.. I really need motivating at the moment! Any help and motivation will be appreciated

Replies

• AngeloInTexas
    AngeloInTexas Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It's all about mind over matter. If you want it bad enough it's yours! Congrats on first step
  • killdontmurder
    killdontmurder Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey, Jade. I've yo-yo'd with my weight, too. At one point, I was a pretty lean 220 and worked out everyday, most of the time for 2 hours or more. Now, I'm 320...but making progress. I thought I needed this site for motivation and support but looking in the mirror and seeing progress is all the motivation I need now. I feel better overall physically, with my core strength making me more balanced and agile. That temporary happiness I got from food has been replaced with complete happiness and I'm not going back, ever and neither are you.
  • katybug27
    katybug27 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have fell off the wagon myself. I was doing really good January through April before I went on vacation and I never really recovered. I had lost almost 16lbs and then gained it all back over the summer thus far. I just started going back to the gym this week and eating better. I feel like I fail over and over again. I am hoping to find a way to stay motivated and stop yo-yoing. It is so hard. I feel like if I can reach my weight goal I can do anything. I can use any motivational tips as well.
  • markag1990
    markag1990 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi.y weight has been up and down the last past 3 years. But now on a steady path to keep in good shape. Feel free to add me for motivation. Always good to talk to and help out people worn the same mind set. Good luck :)
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Welcome back to the wagon, Jade! ;)
    I too, have flip flopped with struggling to lose weight for years in the past and for every ten I would shake off I'd end up gaining twenty. Last July I hit a whopping 303 lbs :o
    Like you, it became my health, looking better was secondary to feeling better and I really dug my heels in. One year later I'm happy to report I'm currently at 198 lb AND no longer on medication to control my blood pressure! I hit a couple snags through the year, sat in maintenance when I needed to pull back and regroup for a bit, but never lost sight or threw in the towel (though the struggle was very real a couple of times!) even though that's been habitual for me in the past.
    Point is, you're not alone, many of us have been there; we have walked the same path and are still walking it. I'd like to think I'm proof that it's not impossible and even though 'battle' is an apt word when it comes to weight loss, it's achievable as long as you stay realistic and never stop working towards your goal!
    Good luck and feel free to friend me if you like :)
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my journey.... I've been on a yo yo diet since March 2011. With age definitely comes wisdom! I know myself more now, I know my weaknesses and strengths. I'm on a losing streak again and I refuse to stop until I reach my goal! And even then, I've learned that this isn't a diet but indeed a LIFESTYLE change. Feel free to add me :)
  • hayliegrace88
    hayliegrace88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just remember a step back can always be made right with a step ahead! A lot of us (myself included) easily fall off the bandwagon because we over indulged missed a workout or 5