Getting started.... Again. I need all the help I can get! !

Options
I saw my endocrinologist today and if I don't lose more weight, I am have a serious risk of being a full blown diabetic, and I'm trying to fix this before it gets to that point. I was following what my dietician wanted me to do--high protein, no carb diet.... I didn't count calories... My endocrinologist says I need to forget that because it clearly isn't working and just count calories. She has another patient my age that lost 140 lbs just doing that.... So here's hoping! I used to be real good about getting on here, but I really need to form the habit again, so I am looking for new friends that have a good 40-50lbs to lose.... My boyfriend is going to help me with some of this, but I would really like some help from others as well, since guys tend to lose weight faster and I think that's where I got frustrated last time (just seemed like my weight wasn't coming off). We will be starting T25 tomorrow. Anyone have any other suggestions or helpful hints or success stories with just counting calories?! Anyone should feel free to message me and add me if interested in keeping each other motivated in this journey! :)

Replies

• Flaise
    Flaise Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'll be your buddy! I'm having a heck of a time trying to get this weight under control! I feel like like I keep taking 1 step forward and 2 back.
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I am looking for motivated friends too. I have several medical issues that make it hard for me to lose weight, and lack a support system at home. Please feel free to add me.✌️
  • ColeyBear1104
    ColeyBear1104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just posted right before you about looking for a buddy who is looking to lose at least 50 pounds. Add me if you like!
  • liv_emmett
    liv_emmett Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would love some new friends for motivation and encouragement xx
  • KatrinaDelRey
    KatrinaDelRey Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm starting back in too- I need all the encouragement & support I can get!
  • keltickelly
    keltickelly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Please add me too have 90 lbs to lose, but need all the support I can get and willing to give my best to all my friends here, so we can all succeed together.
  • catlinturner
    catlinturner Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I'm starting my fitness journey today! How exciting that you're taking charge of your health, that's definitely something to be proud of. I would love some help staying motivated and having someone to hold me accountable.

If you would like a fitness journey buddy, I made a special email for just that thing!

catlinsfitnessjourney@gmail.com
  • aformeat34
    aformeat34 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me!
    I'm working to lose 40-50lbs.
  • jackdustin
    jackdustin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me! Looking to lose around 40 lbs myself :)
  • WIRunnerGirl76
    WIRunnerGirl76 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! I am looking for some accountability and motivation!
  • stonewater119
    stonewater119 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I understand. I met a man today that has lost 189 lbs, yes that is correct 189 lbs by just tracking his calories on this program. He has inspired me to start again. It obviously really works, just takes a lot of discipline. I hope I can stay focused.
  • Bekah7482
    Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me. Looking for people who talk and are supportive. I want to help you and also find people to help me
  • danibabii11
    danibabii11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I saw a quote on pintrest and it said "the calories you eat in private because what everyone see in public" that makes me really thunk everything. I am currently working on losing the 40 pounds that I have gained since no November and also need help for motovation!!! Good luck girl! You can do it!!!!
  • fitnessfreak545
    fitnessfreak545 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would like some friends who will motivate me too. My doctor told me that my emotions are too severe and I could be on the verge of a disorder. Anyone can add me who is supportive. Good luck to everyone and I hope you reach and go beyond your goals
  • juliafreeman
    juliafreeman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I just started insanity! Looking to add some people with similar goals for accountability! You can do it :)
  • jenhasit
    jenhasit Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm currently down 30 on my goal of my first hundred lbs. (Actually 48, but I had lost 18 before joining mfp so I'm only counting mfp towards my 100 lb march)

I like. I comment. I post diary entries too.

Feel free to add if you want support and motivation
  • mollymummy
    mollymummy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. Anyone can feel free to add me too. Im new to this. Ive lost around 40lb already but not lost anything for 1 month despite trying really hard. Need all the support and motivation i can get please :blush:
  • gkingbr
    gkingbr Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me i am Looking for people who ar active and supportive.
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welcome (back)!
    It's just off the top of my head but if you are trying to keep balance and lose weight to deter diabetes you should consider following the diabetic food guide on top of counting calories. I'm no doctor of course, but my dad shed 40 lbs and stuck to the Canadian diabetic food guide (which is all geared around stabilizing insulin levels by eating food combos that kept him from never being at either extreme of the hunger spectrum) and it worked well for him for years, close to fifteen actually.
    Anyway, just thought I'd share! Good luck and you (or anyone else) are free to add me if you like :)