IF with exercise - light headedness ...Help!!

Options

I’m 28 year old male who has been obese all my life. I did a bit of weight lifting back in the day.

HI! I’ve been using this app to monitor my weight, I have successfully lost 11.7kg (25lbs) to this day through IF, just under 4 months( and I’m so happy)

But after a while my weight came to a plateau, I thought of mixing up with some brisk walking 25mins (on treadmill) daily. And then the complications started affecting me. (started walking on last Friday)
I exercise in the morning (9am) while on fast and then consume lunch (my only meal for the day) at around 11.30 to 12.30. pm
I feel fine in the morning even through the exercise , but after lunch I get this light headedness , quick googling told me that it is because of low blood pressure, I tried those chicken cubes(soups cubes) hoping it will help but I cannot work at office because of this issue.
I feel tired

Will this be overcome via multivitamins or sodium based foods.
Hope you guys can kindly point me to a better way to overcome it.

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Maybe eat two meals instead? It might be low glucose/high insulin from your body's reaction to your large meal, too. If you're getting light-headed walking, I might even consider seeing a doctor. (Or are you saying you don't get light headed when exercising, and only post lunch?)
  • SassyMommasaurus
    SassyMommasaurus Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Easy was to stop it, is stop IF, if it's making you light headed, try something else. Obviously your body doesn't like it.
  • SassyMommasaurus
    SassyMommasaurus Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    And I really must stress that google is not a diagnostic tool, you can't just diagnose yourself, you should go to the doctor.
  • pubbaa
    pubbaa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hey thanks for the quick response ..
    yes! i do not get light headed while i'm exercising , i feel perfectly fine before lunch ,but after lunch i get this.
    but only started having complications after i added the exercise to my day...which was around 4 days ago
  • DaniettaF
    DaniettaF Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water?
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I'm also voting for possibly simply too few calories, now that you've added exercise.

YMMV, however, from my experience exercise in the morning causes my re-bound hypoglycemia to worsen. Almost like I digest "faster" on the days I run in the morning. Like, my body gives extra insulin when I do eat to get those calories to the depleted muscles, so the peaks and troughs of blood sugar are compressed and more pronounced.

Can you try walking after work instead? Or, try this test: does eating 100 calories cure the light-headedness?
  • pubbaa
    Options
    Thank you all...will update you guys
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    One meal is extreme even for IF. Try two meals instead.
  • scoii
    scoii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Google doesn't diagnose blood pressure, a doctor or nurse does.

But what your really saying is that not eating and exercising is causing you to feel dizzy. That doesn't need a rocket scientist or even a doctor to see the problem.

It takes a while for the body to get used to any change. IF is drastic as the body needs to convert to surviving on fat burning which can take its toll. Losing weight isn't a 2 day a week commitment.
  • iangelab
    iangelab Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    you may need to change your style of IF. what are you following right now? 20:4 or are you literally just eating one meal? you may need to switch to a longer eating window and break your calories out over two meals. If it continues, I would agree with above, see your doctor.
  • Putrevus
    Putrevus Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My two cents.

I was in the same boat two years ago, I was feeling light headed almost every other day. What I realized was I reduced my intake too much 1400 calories was my daily limit then.My body was not adjusting to decreased food intake and my blood sugar went haywire and that is main reason for this dizzy feeling.

I started eating lot of raw veggies to make sure I am full and not add too many calories. After a while as my weight started coming down everything went away.

Hope this helps in your case.Best of luck.One more suggestion one meal/day may be not right option for your spread your calories so you can eat two meals.
  • pubbaa
    Options
    Noted . Thanks
    I am going for a check up first thing in the morning.
    Appreciate the concern..
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    pubbaa wrote: »
    hey thanks for the quick response ..
    yes! i do not get light headed while i'm exercising , i feel perfectly fine before lunch ,but after lunch i get this.
    but only started having complications after i added the exercise to my day...which was around 4 days ago

What are you eating at lunch? :grey_question::grey_question:

• pubbaa
    Options
    hello again!!
    seems the headaches were apparent due to the fact air conditioner breeze was hitting back of my head at work,
    once sorted that out i found i was no longer having issues,
    thanks again
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    pubbaa wrote: »
    hello again!!
    seems the headaches were apparent due to the fact air conditioner breeze was hitting back of my head at work,
    once sorted that out i found i was no longer having issues,
    thanks again

Now that would take away my headache not give me one ;)