Atkins

Options
snehad123
snehad123 Posts: 119 Member
Hi all!
Has anyone had success in losing weight with Atkins diet? Any review of this diet will be appreciated!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I have tried eating low carbs and Keto and I lost weight initially but couldn't sustain the WOE and put the pounds back on. I like a more moderate approach to eating.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Here's my recipe for success: low and high carb days, low and high calories days, Intermittent Fasting, cardio while fasted, resistance training while carbed, Intermittent Recovery/Sleep/Napping, and supplementation.
  • MRBDDB
    MRBDDB Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I did Atkins 10 years ago, lost 55 lbs. I can say it was the hardest thing I've ever done. I'm a carb person and counting calories has been so much easier for me personally and has given me more flexibility in what I can eat. I lost the weight fast on Atkins and gained almost all of it back within 10 years. Starting over again and have lost 15 lbs doing MFP over a 3 month period. Still need to lose another 25 to be at a healthy weight. For me personally MFP is more sustainable. I heard from many people over the years in the discussion on Atkins that they experienced flu like symptoms the first few weeks coming off carbs, I personally never did but the cravings about killed me. I think every person is different and I think you can lose weight many different ways. Whatever way you chose has to be a life style change and not just a diet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!