Getting Started.... AGAIN!!!!

Options
katybug27
katybug27 Posts: 124 Member
My name is Katy. I have been a member on mfp for years now but I always have trouble sticking to it. I am needing motivation. Weight loss has always been the hardest thing to accomplish in my life. I have went through periods where I will lose 10lbs or so and then I end up falling off the wagon and gaining back more than I lost. I am wanting to get serious and conquer this goal of mine that has ripped me apart by failure over and over again throughout my life. Any motivation tips would be appreciated. Looking for good breakfast ideas to start the day off right. They say that getting started is hard, but sticking with it is harder. Thanks for any support/tips you have to offer.

Replies

• chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I could have written your post! Please feel free to add me as well ... tired of starting over (and then feeling guilty when I need to!).
  • Amrik10
    Amrik10 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi I know the hardest thing is sticking to it. All the progress we achieve is the hard part but then losing our way is the easy mistake we all make. Add me it won't cost you a money.
  • staindgal
    staindgal Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I completely understand! I started this time weighing 70 pounds more than I had weighed the first time I tried to lose weight using MyFitnessPal!! I just keep thinking about all the time I wasted sliding back into unhealthy habits, and how if I had just stuck with it I could be in maintenance now, and not still obese!!

I definitely don't want to waste even more time, and I can you tell you don't want to either!! We got this!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I started in January and have lost 55 lb so far with 57 to go. I found it to be easy to lose weight. I certainly do hope that each of you can lose the weight you want to. Habits are the key. Recognize the bad, change them to good. For me, the challenge was the workday and the access to the workplace junk food. I have managed to overcome the temptation during the 8 hour days, and am still working on it for the 12 hour days.
  • jackiechenery62
    jackiechenery62 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Been the same as you till I got this app which is great!! Now lost just over three stone with great support from friends on here
  • tomk8
    tomk8 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Feel free to add me :)
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
  • Lucky7z
    Lucky7z Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same exact boat!!!!!!!!
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    What you want to do is a very simple process but yet extremely hard. Here's my suggestion or My Philosophy. You can't look at this is a diet. You have to look at it as a lifestyle change. Diets suck you're constantly miserable and you're giving up stuff you enjoy. By looking at this as a lifestyle change you will succeed.

To lose the weight is very simple. It's just a matter of eating less calories than your body burns on a daily basis and doing some exercise. This app is a great help as I could have never done it without it. Where I am right now versus where I was 6 months ago are two totally different people.

Here's the tough part you have to find your why. That why has to be totally selfish. It can't be for your significant other if it can't be for your kids it totally has to be about you. By it being totally about you, all your other whys will take care of themselves. All motivation must be internal, no external force can motivate you. Most importantly you have to realize your worth it.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. A lot of life's choices is mindset. Don't tell yourself that you can't or you will fail but rather tell yourself that you can and you will by making small mini goals for yourself to meet and achieve with the promise to exercise because it is healthy for you. Breakfast ideas can be something as simple as Vegetable Quiche Cups -SBD- Recipe - www.Food.com or oatmeal with fruit. I like to add a scoop of protein powder to mine or to make homemade protein bars - yum & simple.
    In a pot mix 8 tblsp. peanut butter with 1/2 cup of milk choice and tblsp or so of honey. Melt on low and add cinnamon, 1 1/2 cups of vanilla or chocolate protein powder with 2 cups of oatmeal and any extras like raisins. I top with a handful of chocolate chips. Pat down on wax paper in 9x9 pan and freeze for about 30 minutes. Cut into 8+ bars and bag and refrigerate. Grab and go~!
  • lillieandpine
    lillieandpine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ha! My name is Katy and I'm getting back to FP as well. I was about 10 lbs lighter at our wedding last summer. I have a serious sweet tooth and this app helps regulate. Please add me whether you're a newbie or veteran. I would like to be part of the community this time to share support. Have a good day everyone!
  • TheRavenne
    TheRavenne Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. Every morning I wake up determined to eat healthy and exercise. By the late afternoon I've all but given up. Tired of starting over. Feel free to add me, there is strength in numbers :smile:
  • ktamms15
    ktamms15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm another Katie, and same here! Ive put back on 40 lbs over the last 2 years. No excuses anymore! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • SuzMar17
    SuzMar17 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today. I've been jumping between every diet out there, this time I am not referring this as a "diet"....think that's what fails me.....I have been doing WW, but I really want to remove myself from a plan....we can do this!!!
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    katybug27 wrote: »
    My name is Katy. I have been a member on mfp for years now but I always have trouble sticking to it. I am needing motivation. Weight loss has always been the hardest thing to accomplish in my life. I have went through periods where I will lose 10lbs or so and then I end up falling off the wagon and gaining back more than I lost. I am wanting to get serious and conquer this goal of mine that has ripped me apart by failure over and over again throughout my life. Any motivation tips would be appreciated. Looking for good breakfast ideas to start the day off right. They say that getting started is hard, but sticking with it is harder. Thanks for any support/tips you have to offer.

Hi :) welcome back then! Honestly, pretty similar story here but I am super determined to stick with it this time. I have been back since May 2015 and I am doing ok, i lost 20kg!

==> breakfast idea: omelets if you have time, or oatmeal (but not sure if you like that), fruits and nuts if you don't have a big appetite in the morning, chia pudding if you're aventurous, smoothies, etc. There's lots to choose from! :)

==> Tips: take it a day at a time, really. If you want to lose too much too quickly, it might make you want to give up if your results don't show as you wanted them to or if you're starving all the time... Keep hydrated so you don't mistake thirst for hunger. If you can't control yourself around a food, don't keep it in the house. Walking a lot more has helped me tremendously. Sometimes I don't have time/don't want to exercise but I make a point to walk a lot even if I work all day in front of a computer... Most day I reach 12 to 15,000 steps but 8,000 to 10,000 is already a good goal :) Don't freak out if you have a bad day, don't let it turn into a bad week/month. Invest in a kitchen scale, best decision I ever made! Start thinking you can REALLY do it, really we all need to believe in ourselves more :) Good luck!!