Beachbody question

Options
npostemni
npostemni Posts: 102 Member
edited June 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a question about beachbody recharge and recover protein powders. I am not interested in buying them (I have samples that I need to use). What do they really do? Can you take either of them in the morning? I just want to get rid of them.

Thanks

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Uhm, what was your question? O_o
  • npostemni
    Options
    Just what do they do...
  • planetjk
    planetjk Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I think they go in the trash, personally. Or at least check for FDA guidance.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It's all hype, trash them
  • npostemni
    Options
    They were free samples. I would never buy them. I was just wondering what people thought about them.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't you just use them for a smoothie like any other protein powder?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Usually with a protein powder you just add water and drink it. What they do is give you more protein in your diet.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    They didn't come with instructions? Marketing fail.
  • npostemni
    Options
    I know how to use them... I have had protein mixes before. But can you take them at different parts of the day?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Options
    npostemni wrote: »
    I know how to use them... I have had protein mixes before. But can you take them at different parts of the day?

WHy would the time of day matter???
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    They didn't come with instructions? Marketing fail.

This^^ LOL
  • npostemni
    Options

One is for only night... you are supposed to take it before bedtime... but since I dont eat for drink anything before bed I was wondering if it could be used at other times of the day...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    They are both BCAA/protein supplements. You can drink them any time. Unfortunately, BB still believes in a post recovery.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Timing of the day wouldn't matter, unless you prefer shakes after workouts or something. That would be my suggestion...have them in a smoothie for breakfast, or drink one after a workout, just like any other protein powder. I sometimes mix sone of my (non Beachbody) protein powders into my oatmeal.
  • npostemni
    Options
    Timing of the day wouldn't matter, unless you prefer shakes after workouts or something. That would be my suggestion...have them in a smoothie for breakfast, or drink one after a workout, just like any other protein powder. I sometimes mix sone of my (non Beachbody) protein powders into my oatmeal.

Thank you!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Options

One is for only night... you are supposed to take it before bedtime... but since I dont eat for drink anything before bed I was wondering if it could be used at other times of the day...

Sounds like a gimmick to get you to buy more product. Have each one be for a certain time of day so you are forced to buy multiple containers.
  • psuLemon
    Options

Sounds like a gimmick to get you to buy more product. Have each one be for a certain time of day so you are forced to buy multiple containers.

That can be said about almost all supplements, including all non beachbody ones.
  • npostemni
    Options

Like I said before I didnt actually buy the product... I just wanted to make sure it could be taken during the day (i wanted to know if it had any "sleep" helpers in it.
  • psuLemon
    Options

Like I said before I didnt actually buy the product... I just wanted to make sure it could be taken during the day (i wanted to know if it had any "sleep" helpers in it.

It has camomile in it, which is why they are probably suggesting it would benefit sleep. So essentially, it's a protein shake with a few extra ingredients.
  • rennickm1986
    rennickm1986 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    These type of things are suggested to be taken 30 minutes before a workout and within 30m of finishing a workout. The benefits of these has not fully been proven if you ask me